Honeywell Thermostat with Empire wall furnace not heating automatically

Honeywell Thermostat with Empire wall furnace not heating automatically

Hey guys, was hoping some of you may have experienced a problem like this in the past. I recently had my thermostat updated to a new Honeywell model and my furnace will not click on automatically. I don't know if this was an existing problem or something brought on by the new thermostat. In order to get around this problem I've had to flick the fan toggle to ON - This will turn both the heat and the furnace on and blow heat out until I turn it off.

I have attempted numerous times to set the temperature to a degree higher than the room temp with the fan on auto, this always forces a click from the thermostat but nothing happens afterwards, so you can see my confusion.

I was thinking the wiring may not be correct but since I am no heating expert I thought I might run it by you guys first, thanks for reading!

-Dave

It is certainly not correct. Unfortunately we can't give any DIY advice here.

My bad, I'll try to find the proper forum for this.

I can't seem to find the proper forum for this type of question, perhaps someone knows of a place I can take this question to?

Liability is always an issue so you might not find anyone to help you that would be trustworthy, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan1088 View Post
    Liability is always an issue so you might not find anyone to help you that would be trustworthy, IMO.
    Thanks for your honesty man, the quick replies were awesome too. Have a great New Years, I may have to pass this along to a professional in Buffalo I guess.

You bet. We have a contractor map that might help you find a pro in your area that's involved with this site. If you decide to change that thing out, make sure to come back and ask a lot of questions.