Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    I'm looking into going to digital gauges/manifold. The choices are either the new Yellow Jacket digital gauge manifold set (It looks like a DigiCool set mounted on a Titan manifold) or one of the Testo sets of digital gauges.

I just want the basics. I will use my trusty Fluke for temps (easy to do the numbers in my head). I'm looking for dependability and accuracy.

Anyone have any experiences with either brands?

Any advice is always appreciated

Zandman

zandman go with the Digi-Cool BTD1000. You can put it on any manifold you want and can get it at a really good price. You said you are going to use your Fluke for temps. I have it on a Titan manifold and it fits perfect. If you have any questions phone Doug Lockhart the guy who invented them and he will phone you right back. The man is a daily reefer tech and knows his ****. Number on the website.

http://www.digi-cool.com/?source=Ove...OVMTC=standard

2 thumbs up for the Digi-Cool BTD1000 + Fluke stuff for temps!

My setup
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Gotta agree with Reefer & Mark, I am using the exact same set up.
    Have you set up a Google alert for Carbon Monoxide yet?
    Click here to find out how.

Originally posted by Reeferman
    If you have any questions phone Doug Lockhart the guy who invented them and he will phone you right back. The man is a daily reefer tech and knows his ****.
    I knew the Digi-Cool had to have been designed by someone who actually works in the field.
    Most of the other digital manifolds were very obviously designed by people who really just don't "get it" about what is needed in the field.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

My personal preference is the Testo. I have the software so I can data log it, save it as a file for future reference, and print out what I did. I use that feature all the time.

zandman have you contacted Digi-Cool yet? I have seen the Testo unit and it seems to be ok. But what I don't like about it and the other digital units ( other than Digi-Cool)is the fact that you have to use their manifold. You should do yourself a very big favor and phone Doug Lockhart at Digi-Cool.He has some great things in store for the next generation digitals. If you can compare the Digi-Cools with the other digitals you will see the differance in the construction of them. Other words built like a brick ****house. I near had a stroke after dropping them off of a truck reefer and hitting a cement floor, only thing that happened was a bent valve stem on the Titan manifold.

Thanks for all the replies. Digi-Cool is the way to go it seems.

Reeferman, you mentioned that the Digi-Cool fits exactly on the titan manifold, did you mean like straight up-down connections like the Yellow jacket version or do you still need the adapter 90s?

Zandman

The Digi-Cool BTD1000 and DS1100 are exactly the same case except for the sensor on the front of the 1100 and you will have to use the 90 connectors. Yellow Jacket had the 1100 case redesigned to fit the Titan manifold without the 90 connectors and the back of the case is also changed with a slight curve to it. I really do not think the Yellow Jacket one will be as strong as the original Digi-Cool case. You should phone Doug Lockhart and pick his brain so you can make the best choice.

1-866-511-cool

I forgot to mention that I have tried the Digi-Cool on various manifolds such as Yellow Jacket 41, Brutes,Imperial 2 and 4 valve and the 4 valve Titans seem to have the best balance and feel.

If you are not too big of a hurry at least wait till January Testo will reveal there new digital manifold. There will be changes on the Testo Kool. Will have some nice features. Can't tell you right now what the changes will be as I was asked not to reveal what they will be. Now he didn't say anything about not telling that there are going to be changes.

Originally posted by MechAcc
    If you are not too big of a hurry at least wait till January Testo will reveal there new digital manifold. There will be changes on the Testo Kool. Will have some nice features. Can't tell you right now what the changes will be as I was asked not to reveal what they will be. Now he didn't say anything about not telling that there are going to be changes.
    I asked why they didn't have a 4 valve manifold and the factory rep seemed puzzled as to why a tech would want/need a 4 valve manifold. Nod your head if that is what they are doing, ok?

Originally posted by sadlier
    Originally posted by MechAcc
    I asked why they didn't have a 4 valve manifold and the factory rep seemed puzzled as to why a tech would want/need a 4 valve manifold. Nod your head if that is what they are doing, ok?
    Wait and see even if Testo waits to Jan 31 to announce the new manifold it is only 40+ days from now.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast