Water pouring from outside pipe

I am in a 2 story condo in FL built 4 years ago, and my neighbor has been mentioning to me for some time that water is coming from the drainage pipe outside near the A/C. I ignored her because I thought she was talking about the dripping it's supposed to do as it gets rid of the condensation.

I just got my water bill, though, and it's up by nearly $30. Upon looking at the pipe, one (not both) of the drainage pipes has a steady stream of water coming out... definitely not drips, and whether the ac is running or not.

I checked the air handler on the 2nd floor, and there is no evidence of a leak up there that I can see, and there is a float switch which has not tripped.

I've blown out the line before with compressed air in a previous house, but if it were clogged with algae, my understanding is that the second line would be leaking and/or the float switch would have tripped, right? It's been a few years since dealing with a/c issues.

Am I correct in now assuming that there must be an actual leak somewhere to cause a steady stream as opposed to simply wicking of the condensation?

Could it be in the attic somewhere? I knew a lot more about the a/c system in my last house as I was there when it was installed and bought the installers lunch so I could ask a few questions. Not so much about this one.

Sounds like it isn't an HVAC issue. I would suggest calling a professional just in case.

I've seen a AC condensate line joined to a Hot Water safety valve drain to the outside.

Just a thought but feel the pipe coming out of your hot water heater TP Safety valve, some call it a pop off valve. If it is warm then either your temp setting on the water heater is too high, house pressure too high or you have a faulty safety valve.

Like I said... just thinking out loud.

The drain pipe could go to a pan under your water heater or washer. Or, it could go to the relief valve on the water heater. Check those areas.

Quote Originally Posted by bobboan View Post
    The drain pipe could go to a pan under your water heater or washer. Or, it could go to the relief valve on the water heater. Check those areas.
    X2. I just had a call for this exact same scenario this last week.

if you do not have a
    humidifier then its more than likely the water heater
    We really need change now