Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2GA01 View Post
    but this was a heat pump, so the use of a one way filter is like having no filter at all.

Still not a 100% on if it killed the compressor.
    Well, it'll definetly filter in the cool mode. I'm not sure if the moisture or contaminants gets pushed back out of the dryer during the heat cycle or the refrigerant simply flows around the core!! Maybe Andy Schoen or somebody could explain?

What's the numbers look like when you fired it up? I was curious if the desiccant left the drier and stopped up something.

Let me guess. It's a Sporlan too? I noticed the diaper they have put on the outlet side of the new ones to beat the ALCO demo that showed them releasing the crud caught around the ends when the pressure backed off?
    Now that they have been bought maybe their parent company will replace them with theirs. P/H has great filter/driers.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan1088 View Post
    What's the numbers look like when you fired it up? I was curious if the desiccant left the drier and stopped up something.
    I suspect the expansion valve to be stopped up. I have to go back to the job and figure out if I can figure out how to get the pressure correct, my pressures were all messed up in both heating or cooling mode.

This is a business that is open M-F only, and on Friday's they leave at 4 pm sharp:.
    Last edited by NY2GA01; 12-31-2012 at 12:04 AM.
    The opinions expressed by me are not that of my employer.

insulation modern marvels
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g37riSkyZzM

Sounds like more pictures are in order when you take the expansion valve loose and see little desiccant balls!!

A bi-flow filter dryer is actually TWO filter dryers in one can with back flow valves to ensure that the crud caught does not get washed back into the system when reversing flow. Whack one up and take a look...

I had a S-163 hooked to my Ducane heatpump from 2002 to 2012. Guess what...The Ducane still works. Never had a single issue in the summer with cooling. I removed it last spring for the hell of it, knew it wasn't right for the heat mode. Now let me say, I don't use the heatpump for heat all that often since I am able to heat with coal. But the Ducane still works well. Has a scroll in case you were wondering.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12