Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I have an iPhone which works pretty well as a substitute. As far as RTUs go I have troubleshooted them, one I had burn up on the heat side from a bad HX and had to rewire and get running again. It's always been the ac side that I never have to deal with. I think I'm going to buy some digicools this winter and really brush up.

It's all good. Start a library if you can get the books of the things you work on, you'd be surprised how common most manufacturers do things. Be careful doing it on the job site or the data plan will bite you.

Make notes and keep them in a PDF on every call you run. Symptom, problem, and solution that way you can reference it.

So how did your boss take it?
    You need to put the phone down and get back to work!

Quote Originally Posted by jnsrose View Post
    So how did your boss take it?
    He was less than exited lol. He pretty much gave me a sob story, offered me more money then claimed he made me who I am lol. I was hoping he would can me on the spot because he is known for that but I think he thought it would be worse for me to stay the two weeks lol.

Years back I had a boss offer me a cut in pay to stay. He offered to put me on salary with a supervisors title but failed to realize that with OT I was making 15k a year more than he offered. I gave him 2 weeks and he called me 1/2 hr later and told me to bring in the van. C-Ya
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    Years back I had a boss offer me a cut in pay to stay. He offered to put me on salary with a supervisors title but failed to realize that with OT I was making 15k a year more than he offered. I gave him 2 weeks and he called me 1/2 hr later and told me to bring in the van. C-Ya
    See what the hell, I'm all excited thinking yes I'm going to get fired. My new van is just sitting there waiting. My pay almost was matched at least, plus the end of the year bonus is huge I hear.

Congrats on the new job. Maybe with a larger company there will be a little more training available for you. One thing about living in the sticks is the only training I get at work is normally at the expense of some customer.

Quote Originally Posted by upant View Post
    Congrats on the new job. Maybe with a larger company there will be a little more training available for you. One thing about living in the sticks is the only training I get at work is normally at the expense of some customer.
    Ya I hear ya, I'm sure you deal with the same suppliers and they don't have a whole lot available.

Congrats on the new position JoeH!
    Every job that I quit was Suuhweeet telling the boss!
    Then came the offers of more money, what can we do to change your mind, and so on.
    Well, go back in time and treat me better before I made up my mind!
    As the owner of my own business now, I keep that in mind with my employees.
    Regular meetings for airing complaints and keeping everybody one big happy family. I haven't forgotten that the employees are the "wheels" on the ground. The company goes nowhere without them and you can't afford flats.

I just started watching Undercover Boss where the CEO goes into the ranks dressed like an entry level worker and the common theme is that the top brass don't know the jobs of everyone beneath them.
    Most of them look like idiots trying to do the lower jobs. Too weak, can't handle the heat, too slow, don't listen, etc.
    Check it out!

I wonder why employers do that- wait until someone is going to quit before they start thinking about giving them a raise? If you value a trusted and competent worker, why wait until he or she is ready to walk out the door before you recognize their efforts? Happened to me once with a large HVAC company. A gentleman that was the head of operations said the same thing- "What's it going to take to keep you here?" Then he kept raising aloud the rate of my hourly wage but I kept refusing as I did not like the direction the company was headed and some of their unscrupulous practices. Crap, he ended up going as high as 8 dollars per hour more than my present wage. But it wasn't about the money for me. I like to be able to go to bed at night with a clean conscience. Glad I didn't take him up on it as the company pretty much went down in flames a couple of years after I left.

'Cuz they're stupid...

I'm going to sleep well knowing I'm working for a high quality and very well established company. I already feel less stress.

So you referred to your last day as your "parole" date too?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast