Accessing a JCI jace

I have an upcoming job where I am supposed to integrate some devices into a JCI jace. I am thinking that I am going to run into licensing problems but am told that it will not be an issue, that the jace has embedded workbench and is "open". Just looking confirm or deny that no license is needed to access JCI jace.

Quote Originally Posted by mechmike2 View Post
    I have an upcoming job where I am supposed to integrate some devices into a JCI jace. I am thinking that I am going to run into licensing problems but am told that it will not be an issue, that the jace has embedded workbench and is "open". Just looking confirm or deny that no license is needed to access JCI jace.
    Totally open. Shouldn't have a problem.

You shouldn't have a problem assuming no one changed the default user name and password.

If when you say "integrate" you mean add devices to the existing trunk, as was said, you should not have a problem discovering those new devices. If by "integrate" you mean bring devices under different protocols or new trunks in the Jace, you may have a licensing issues and hardware (ie lon cards, or dual rs485s). I normally order Jaces only with licenses I need at that time. If I integrate devices later, I add the cost for the license at that time. Best to look at the current license file against your new devices protocol.

Any workbench should access it with the default user names and passwords. Also as stated 99 percent of FX jaces came with embedded workbench so you should not even need a laptop with workbench/ workplace etc. You will need to be aware of exactly what protocols are supported on this Jace and that you can bring you devices in correctly. From what I have BEEN TOLD not personally experienced that they are N2 or bacnet...
    UA Local 141

Quote Originally Posted by berg2666 View Post
    ....From what I have BEEN TOLD not personally experienced that they are N2 or bacnet...
    All FX jace boxes include a JCI N2 Driver, BACnet drivers are sold as an extra. Within the last year JCI has a separate part # when ordering a new jace that will include a BACnet ms/tp license. Both N2 and BACnet are rs485 comm links, only one rs485 comm port is provided with any JCI jace. So, an expansion board will be needed to run a N2 bus concurrent with a BACnet bus.

The jace has a Bacnet mstp network that I will be adding some Lennox RTUs and a lighting panel too. Nice to hear that it is actually open.

Quote Originally Posted by mechdorn View Post
    All FX jace boxes include a JCI N2 Driver, BACnet drivers are sold as an extra. Within the last year JCI has a separate part # when ordering a new jace that will include a BACnet ms/tp license. Both N2 and BACnet are rs485 comm links, only one rs485 comm port is provided with any JCI jace. So, an expansion board will be needed to run a N2 bus concurrent with a BACnet bus.

Thank you sir
    UA Local 141