Lennox Prodigy Board

Hi All,

I am new to this HVAC Talk site as far as asking questions. I am doing a BACnet interface into the Lennox Prodigy Board and i am wondering if it is as easy as the book says or is there some thing that i need to know. The job basically is 9 RTU's and 4 for them are going to be feeding Fan Power Box (FPB) with electric heat strips. Does Lennox have some type of way to control static pressure that i need to set the prodigy board up for (nothing in the book says any thing about VFD). Is there a PDF i can down load off the internet that would have more info as far as BACnet Interfacing.

Thanks

Lennox set up

The prodigy board can do both vav and constant volume. It depends how the equipment is ordered. If it set up as a vav the points will be exposed for static set point the board will control the static pressure by itself. The vav rtu does need to be set up when installed by lennox software or the lcd display. In the control settings of the prodigy you will net to set up for bacnet interface.

You got mail!
    Follow me @blankscole

Also looking for this info.
    can someone email it to me please.

Quote Originally Posted by amigo View Post
    Also looking for this info.
    can someone email it to me please.
    check your mail amigo

thank you.

Just giving you a heads up. I am dealing with prodigy Bacnet issue as we speak. I have had several issues with BACnet and prodigy over the last couple years. The old M1 bacnet controller would create havoc, and we would have to constantly reset it or replace it. The new M2 for prodigy apparently doesnt like to cooperate either. As it stands now we have Lennox technical as baffled as we are. Currently we have seimens as our front end, using apogee with the insight software, however I have had the same issue with Reliable and Delta. In most cases we end up removing BACnet and installing a unitary controller, and this seems to work. Just giving you a heads up. You may be the exception to the rule here.

I just finished a integration to M2 last year and to date haven't had any issues, It was done through Reliable, I have 4 RTU's controlled through BACnet for a VVT system

Hi seagar15,

What issues are you experiancing ?

The newest is lack of communication. The prodigy was replaced once, and the M2 replaced for that reason as well. We have had to cold start the ppcl on the Seimens end a couple time, but we weren't able to determine why, neither was the Seimens tech or Lennox for that matter. We can still see the prodigy from our front end but for the most part it is unresponsive. At the moment we are running the unit using the built in return sensor. So far the best all parties have agreed on is that Bacnet is speaking english, the siemens spanish. As it stands all sensor are calling for heating, and the prodigy doesnt respond, as well as it has a tendency to go into unoccupied for no reason at all. We have all cross referenced our data , inputs and install collaboratively, but as of yet no answer.

Quote Originally Posted by seagar15 View Post
    The newest is lack of communication. The prodigy was replaced once, and the M2 replaced for that reason as well. We have had to cold start the ppcl on the Seimens end a couple time, but we weren't able to determine why, neither was the Seimens tech or Lennox for that matter. We can still see the prodigy from our front end but for the most part it is unresponsive. At the moment we are running the unit using the built in return sensor. So far the best all parties have agreed on is that Bacnet is speaking english, the siemens spanish. As it stands all sensor are calling for heating, and the prodigy doesnt respond, as well as it has a tendency to go into unoccupied for no reason at all. We have all cross referenced our data , inputs and install collaboratively, but as of yet no answer.
    are you using end of line resistor ? also how is the network run... as in is the MS/TP network only Lennox M2's ?

Good questions, I haven't looked at that as of yet. As is stands this job is only 3 mos old and a lot of fingers in the pot. Still under the years warranty actually. All our BAS is under static a IP. As far as I am aware at this point there is no end of line resister that I am aware of. As it is I can only look at it, but not do any actual repairs to it at this point. Long and short though, I am the one getting the calls as I am the on site mechanic. Of note there are 2 other units in this project and they both are working fine...........even stranger they are set up identically. We haven`t been able to find any varience in the istall an seTUO

Quote Originally Posted by seagar15 View Post
    Good questions, I haven't looked at that as of yet. As is stands this job is only 3 mos old and a lot of fingers in the pot. Still under the years warranty actually. All our BAS is under static a IP. As far as I am aware at this point there is no end of line resister that I am aware of. As it is I can only look at it, but not do any actual repairs to it at this point. Long and short though, I am the one getting the calls as I am the on site mechanic. Of note there are 2 other units in this project and they both are working fine...........even stranger they are set up identically. We haven`t been able to find any varience in the istall an seTUO
    Those are things you will need to look into....I have 4 online daisy chained for the last year, nothing hardwired all read/write via BACnet....I ran 22ga 3 wire for my MS/TP the literature stated 120ohm resister be installed on end of line device...I couldn't find any shipped so I picked some up, the set-up was a little quirky I will admit.

My email is in my profile or PM me if any questions