Any of you ever changed the nylon rollers on one of these flight dishmachine. It has 540 of them according to mfg. I would appreciate any tricks or short cuts that you guys might know. Also a cheap place to by these damn things they want about $11 each. Thanks

I've changed them on the Hobart flight type, no tricks, other than get two guys to stretch the conveyor! and loosen it up so you get enough slack in it to do the work!
    Good luck!

Originally posted by bigbaldito
    Any of you ever changed the nylon rollers on one of these flight dishmachine. It has 540 of them according to mfg. I would appreciate any tricks or short cuts that you guys might know. Also a cheap place to by these damn things they want about $11 each. Thanks
    I have changed many conveyor system parts on the stero line.
    Not hard to do, just boring. Tools we ( 2 men)used are my pancake compressor, aircutoff tool, pair of long end nippers, channel locks, needle nose pliers, long broom handle and radio. found it easier to just cut off s.s. cotter pins w/cutoff tool and slide out rod, replace whatever needed neplaced and reassemble. If rods bent just cut it in half and replace it. to lift up belt slide broom handle under it, to lift up area youre working on. put all parts in hot water to soften them up makes it easrier to install them. we usually do this job on colder days of the year, makes you feel better since your not out on some rooftop freezing your nugnans off.
    Also as you take apart the belt YOU will find other parts worn so order some of these also don't worry about leftovers as sooner or later it will get used. i.e. order spare rod, cotter pins,washers,rollers,fingers, collar sleeves, you'll need them. to do a whole belt 2 guys- 3/4 to 1 day or more depends on how bad the belt is, worst case I've seen is 2 1/2 days. Don't let cost of parts get ya, hell this is a $200,000-$400,000 machine you're fixing isn't it. Should last 15-30 years. Whats $3000-4000 to get it working again. These units clean dishes for 2000-4000 people a meal this is a serious unit that can kick a$$. Is yours gas, electric, or process steam?
    So you didn't ask, what you though was a stupid question. Now how, are you going to tell the boss about your stupid screw up?

Thanks alot for the info ndfrozen. We run 40# steam, and the dish machines only last about ten years due to the abuse they take (Goverment Facility). I just hate paying that huge factory market up on parts which you can usually get for 1/5 of the cost. As far as spare parts I usually order 3 of each because like you stated they will get used if not today very soon, again thank for info.