Lightbulb

i have a 2.5 ton miller airhandler with 10 kw. and a carrier 2 ton hp. installed carrier txv i had leftover. hp is not heating very well (cools great in summer) oh this is in a 70 * 14 moble home. it starts out cold for about 2 min then it starts putting out luke warm air. it will keep temps around what i want but i can not stand the cold air. (i like sitting over the vent with a cover). i charged it by subcooling and when its where it should be man it has pressures like 345-400. i know its over charged. my problem is my ductwork. i put my airhandler under the house. hard piped it with 14 round into the tralor duct. and i think that duct is leaking also. so im going to install new duct and make this right. my question is when i size the duct should i make it at a higher static (being a moble home) and would it be better too size for a 2 ton or a 2.5 (match my airhandler or the hp). seems like less airflow at a higher static would be better in my case.

thanks for any replys

sounds like a mismatched CLUSTER F. doubt anyone will have a definate answer for you. once you start an experiment you just have to play with it till its right, if possible.

if it is overcharged then you wont get good heat out of it anyway in hp mode
    and even when it is running right it wont be hot air with just the hp on and barely better with the strips + hp

if you want to sit on a vent and feel hot air you have to go with a fossile fuel

whats the furnace md#,you useing the miller coil in an upflow setup?

Lightbulb duct

you can get plenty on heat with strip heat. my strips work great now with plenty of heat. just i dont like the feel of my hp. its not overcharged now. i over charged it orginaly to test, but of course i removed the extra gas. it was putting out plently of heat in hp overcharged, and felt good. i just didn't want to blow my valves by running so much liquid through the system. i have figured this out already. i put the blower on low speed and put a piece of metal in the supply and also over the return just to cut airflow down. and it was putting out great delta t. last night i started breaking new ductwork. i just have very crappy duct setup. my coleman is in horizonal under moble home. so i will be double wrapping my duct and hard pipe runs. may even wrap my airhandler with bubble wrap. (shame such a nice case (was not same unit that comes with home)) shame no one likes miller there nice little units. only problem i have now is i want about 2 feet from airhandler to ac1. so my skuttle steam humidifier will not flow through the ac1. and theres not much room for this. i'll figure it out!!! i was right about duct leaking its crushed on the end and open looks like it got crushed in setup. it was hidden by the belly wrap. explains where all my heat was going. trailer duct sucks!!! heat pump vs gas man i used to have a gas in other house and yes they do heat hotter, but then again that also causes dry noses and fighting over the tstat. west virginia's just not that cold anymore. so you can go with either setup with sucess. gas vs 2nd stage heat strips theres not that much difference. if you dont have good heat there either an airflow problem or you may have not installed the right amount of heat banks. these carrier txv are good for any coil. comes parts for n coil, a coil piston in case, a coil piston external case. carrier hp is 2 ton and airhandler is 2.5 ton but thats just more surface area (brand does matter if it a carrier goodman or miller its just a different case with with the same parts). i only need a load of 2 tons for a 14*70 trailor. under sizing will rip that moisture right out in the summer. leaving me more comfortable than a 3 ton that cycles on and off. so i'm not that mismatch as you would think. my duct just sucks. i think after im finished with my duct i'll have a very efficient system with good warm heat. (i also cut returns in every room) the only thing i dont know is should i have designed my duct for higher static being a moble home or just normal. so i designed it to run blower at low speed normal. will try it on high speed to just answer that question. another question to probe at. i have a skutle makeup air control for fresh air. (6 inch gravity dammper with screened hood 120cfm with a nice eagle stamped onto the damper (metal eagle would make a nice logo on my car haha)) dont you thing around 90 to 130 cfms of cold air would be a waste of energy. or would the little bit of added pressure be worth reheating this cold air. i think this is too little of an issue to notice anything either way, but i was asked about this and i really did not know what to say. i told my brother you like fresh air dont you. maybe you wont need to crack the window anymore. which thats not what this is for. its just to pressureize to help keep dust down and help on drafts. thats about it i think. anyone with any info on these please let me know. it did help out with a dust problem in other house, (that and a ac1) but i would need more info to even think about selling these at work. later guys, heating and cheating at its best hahaha

dhvac i would have to say to mismatch a 10 seer would be very hard. i could see 10 to a 13 or like a carrier 13 with a txv hp and a 13 ncoil goodman with there fixed piston may not be an efficient setup. but old 10 seer's could be played with some. kinda hard to fuzz them up. the units are the same age. the miller does have a different orface housing which makes sizing the orface a pain. but the txv fixes this issue right up.

Originally posted by hvactechnician
    dhvac i would have to say to mismatch a 10 seer would be very hard. i could see 10 to a 13 or like a carrier 13 with a txv hp and a 13 ncoil goodman with there fixed piston may not be an efficient setup. but old 10 seer's could be played with some. kinda hard to fuzz them up. the units are the same age. the miller does have a different orface housing which makes sizing the orface a pain. but the txv fixes this issue right up.
    wasnt me that said that, i just said they arent as hot as fossile fuel
    at least they shouldnt be

dhvac sorry used wrong id i tried to type t527ed. and yes that would sound better. i havent seen many strip heaters that you could through a blanket over cuddle up and it not feel good. should at least be around 20 deg. higher at least around 90 - 110 output not thats nice.