I have searched this forum using the term "mice" etc.
I just saw a dead mouse near the furnace. It looks like this one:
I also read this thing about mice:
-House is 2-story, built in 1991, both furnaces in basement.
-Doors are always closed.
-Garage doors always closed.
-Windows have screens.
-Fresh air intake have screens.
-Top of furnace/fireplace flues (above roof) have intact screens (I checked with binoculars).
Attic: 2 access panels closed completely. Last time I was up in the attic, no evidence of dead mice.
So I am at a loss where the mouse came from and died next to the furnace. This was the only dead mouse I have seen since owning this home in 2005.
1. Any ideas where they come from? I would think not from the HVAC system ductwork (all metal ductwork).
2. Has anyone tried the "high frequency ultrasound device"?
For now I guess I'd use poison pellets.