Hacking Carrier Greenspeed Wifi Thermostat?

I've got the 5-ton Carrier Greenspeed HeatPump (and love it) and just recently got the WiFi version of the thermostat installed.

One thing I've been longing to do (since I'm an engineer ) is to record how often my system is running at the various speeds (the thermosts record from 40% to 100% in 1% increments).

Does anybody know if there's a way to set this system up as a local network connection and be able to poll/record the run speed to create graphs/charts/etc later?

Not a chance you can. Granted, I have not used their stat so I can not say with 100% certainty, but we do install a lot of the waterfurnace 7 series variable capacity communicating stats and Trane XL950/900 communicating stats and I can assure you their communicating protocol is proprietary and very secretive. We have had a customer try as well as one of our technicians and all they end up doing is shorting control boards and thermostats so be warned. You will void your warranty and you very likely will be buying either a new control board or thermostat and they are fairly spendy.
    Check out my YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/skyheating1 We have customer testimonials, product reviews and more!
    Like us on FACEBOOK if you like our advice here!

Quote Originally Posted by HP41CV View Post
    I've got the 5-ton Carrier Greenspeed HeatPump (and love it) and just recently got the WiFi version of the thermostat installed.

One thing I've been longing to do (since I'm an engineer ) is to record how often my system is running at the various speeds (the thermosts record from 40% to 100% in 1% increments).

Does anybody know if there's a way to set this system up as a local network connection and be able to poll/record the run speed to create graphs/charts/etc later?
    I have monitored the GS using Hobo data loggers on the electrical service to the compressor. It will show the amps to the compressor creating a graph and data that you can down load to a spread sheet. Will show the graph latter.
    Regards TB
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"

Onset Hobo VS ac Aug WI.pdf

Attached is a pdf of the Onset Hobo data logger U12-012 with the amp sensor. Data is collected every 5 mins. Can be more often. The pdf is made from the Hobo graph.
    If you go that far, post the graphs, include the %RH during winter and summer.
    This home includes fresh air ventilation. This data is without the whole house dehumidifier operating.
    Regards TB
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"