Arming Teachers Is Not New- Israeli Teachers

It turns out that teachers in Israel have been armed for some time now. Perhaps the NRA idea is not so far out.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/12...ity-in-israel/

Hugh B

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    It turns out that teachers in Israel have been armed for some time now. Perhaps the NRA idea is not so far out.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/12...ity-in-israel/

Hugh B
    They also have EXTREEMLY strict gun laws that I am sure the NRA would NEVER endorse.

The rocket fire and being bordered by enemies probably has something to do with it.
    If you want to follow the Israeli model, let the army patrol the streets.

The "anything goes" culture the liberals have forced on this country is mainly responsible for the out of control, mindless kids the schools are turning out. 35 yrs. ago this was unthinkable, now it's common. We didn't need frikkin guards in school. How's that? Put limp-wristed, emotional, people in charge of education. Maybe they need better guards in charge of who is teaching our kids. That would go farther to fix this mess than anything. No ammount of money, taxes, is gonna fix this. Only an idiot keeps throwing money at a problem that just gets worse despite the ammount of cash being pissed into it. (Liberals) Let's get back to worring about reading and writing, not condoms, global warming, sensitivity training, all this "new age" teaching has brought up a generation of misfits and degenerates. Like it or not, I don't give a shiite. Soft people make a soft country.
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

I was going to comment but really whats the point .

Quote Originally Posted by tunnel_rat View Post
    The "anything goes" culture the liberals have forced on this country is mainly responsible for the out of control, mindless kids the schools are turning out. 35 yrs. ago this was unthinkable, now it's common. We didn't need frikkin guards in school. How's that? Put limp-wristed, emotional, people in charge of education. Maybe they need better guards in charge of who is teaching our kids. That would go farther to fix this mess than anything. No ammount of money, taxes, is gonna fix this. Only an idiot keeps throwing money at a problem that just gets worse despite the ammount of cash being pissed into it. (Liberals) Let's get back to worring about reading and writing, not condoms, global warming, sensitivity training, all this "new age" teaching has brought up a generation of misfits and degenerates. Like it or not, I don't give a shiite. Soft people make a soft country.
    My kids just recently graduated from HS and are attending Universitys. I can say I am pleased with the education they received and are receiving. They have learned how to think for themselves and that is all you can really ask for. I can only speak for what I have seen myself, but I didnt see a lot to complain about in their education.

Quote Originally Posted by bigtime View Post
    My kids just recently graduated from HS and are attending Universitys. I can say I am pleased with the education they received and are receiving. They have learned how to think for themselves and that is all you can really ask for. I can only speak for what I have seen myself, but I didnt see a lot to complain about in their education.
    I have one of my children at the University.

I also recently started working there and feel very fortunate to be there.

Been in the private sector for my entire career and it is certainly a nice change.

The people and administration are really great and everyone is treated with respect and tolerance in regards to others having differing backgrounds and beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by bigtime View Post
    My kids just recently graduated from HS and are attending Universitys. I can say I am pleased with the education they received and are receiving. They have learned how to think for themselves and that is all you can really ask for. I can only speak for what I have seen myself, but I didn’t see a lot to complain about in their education.
    I agree, my boys got a very good public education too. The twelve to twenty million Illegals, fatherless Blacks and toothless Whites (to name a few) are dragging our school test scores down. But it is politically incorrect to say it. When the parents are not on board it is no fault of the school (also politically incorrect to say). It's easier to blame the teachers.

I’d like to see the proof that our curriculum is behind other countries. It is unimaginable to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    I agree, my boys got a very good public education too. The twelve to twenty million Illegals, fatherless Blacks and toothless Whites (to name a few) are dragging our school test scores down. But it is politically incorrect to say it. When the parents are not on board it is no fault of the school (also politically incorrect to say). It's easier to blame the teachers.

I’d like to see the proof that our curriculum is behind other countries. It is unimaginable to me.
    You are dead on were there the blame lies , way to often it is layed on the teachers as a whole .

Well if the schools are so dam great, what's the difference between now and 35 yrs. ago???

Quote Originally Posted by tunnel_rat View Post
    Well if the schools are so dam great, what's the difference between now and 35 yrs. ago???
    PARENTING

So where'd all the crappy parents go to school?

Maybe they didnt finish school them selves , or dont take the time required to be involved in there kids studies . I dont have the answers to what has happened to some and if i did give answers, they would be just opinions.