+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Uniflair DX Modbus Registers

Post Likes

Uniflair DX Modbus Registers

Has anyone setup a Uniflair DX unit for Modbus RTU?
    I got their register list - http://www.apcmedia.com/salestools/J...PGPQ_R0_EN.pdf but it doesn't make sense to me. They are re-using addresses and not specifying the type of registers these are.
    I see here shows an updated list on 15-May-2012, but clicking on the link doesn't work. If I copy the link and paste it in a browser and edit out the excess junk I can get it to work but it takes me to the same link above and its date is 4-1-12.
    It looks like they are using a Carel controller like a Stulz, maybe I'll see if I can correlate something from Stulz documentation...

If anyone can pass out any pointers it would be appreciated.
    TIA
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    BIG Government = More Dependents
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform
    My 5 yr old son "Dad, Siri is not very smart when there's no internet."

Post Likes
    I'm assuming you tried just pulling down 1 for digital and 1 for analog using the correct functions and got an error?

If I had to guess their register numbers are just offsets and they expect you to add the multiplier to get it within the typical range.

So digital register 1 is likely 00001 or 10001 depending if they consider it a coil or discrete input register.
    Likewise the analog register 1 is likely 30001 or 40001 for inputs or holding registers.

>specifying the type of registers these are.

They all appear to be signal registers so they will all be integer types, not floating.

Its Modbus, you need to read between the lines and when all else fails, trial and error.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Post Likes
    Tried all that. The digital values seemed valid and stayed online, but only reported 0. the analog/integer wouldn't stay online. Tried multiple signal types, but no go. I tried holding registers 4000+#, and pretty sure I tried coils 3000, buy have to check. I may try cutting a few out that are only 1 off to see if that's some kind of a conflict.

Post Likes
    Depending on an internal variable (Modbus Extension) of the program, the offset for the Integers is either 129 or 209, so Integer address 1 = Modbus register 40130 or 40210.

Post Likes
    Thanks, I can give that a try but any idea why the 129/209?
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform

Post Likes
    Its all on how Carel handles integers vs analog variables internal to the controller and how it should be interpreted via BMS protocols.

Its a feature that's useful for OEMs, and is only useful for integrators if documented properly.

Post Likes
    Thanks, I see they actually documented what you're saying in the above link - Integer's are adding 209 to the Carel address.

Post Likes
    Ironically, I did as well after I replied...

Post Likes
    Well no go on this, got a scanner and nothing matched up. At first I though I was able to match up the # of starts, which isn't even in the list, but when I went back later to recheck they no longer matched.

Beginning to think the card installed may be for another type of unit, not sure if it's possible but since it is a plug in add...

Post Likes
    Are you plugged into the right port? I assume you are plugged into an add-on card located in the "Serial Card" opening.
    What is the model of the card located in this port? I think it should be PCOS004850. This is the optional modbus slave card.

Post Likes
    Definitely plugged in to serial port, same location as our Stulz units, only those have lon cards. I don't know the part number off hand on the modbus card.
    Stulz units also have Carel controllers in them.

Post Likes
    Ok, so you have experience with these.

I was looking through some of the IOMs on Uniflair's website and I couldn't find where the controller gets configured for Modbus/Lon/BACnet option cards. Usually, there is some type of menu driven selection for comm type. If configured wrong, it could be sending erroneous data. Do you have the manual handy?

Post Likes
    Turns out the modbus card was bad, but now that I have a new one it isn't working either.

Uniflair is owned by APC/Schneider now so they have better documentation on their site - http://www.apc.com/products/resource...=documentation

This sucks as the Modbus register list is pretty good ~245 points, w/superheat, refrigerant pressures and such.

Did some units with LON cards and while I was able to get all those talking just fine that point list sucks compared to the modbus, only 59 points and then you have to do weird conversions if you choose Deg F and such. Hopefully I can get the Modbus card to work, but at least I know the LON card option works. May end up going to that on this problem unit....

Post Likes
    Just curious, when you say "the new one isn't working", what do you mean? Have you tried a 3rd party Modbus Master program to test the registers? Personnally, I like mtester: http://www.modbus.pl/node/10

Post Likes
    Plugged it in and tried polling a few registers around the list and can't get any to pull properly, granted this is on the same MSTP network as I have existing Lieberts and that interface. The Lieberts work fine. I plan on going back and getting another interface that I can scan just the Uniflair unit. My current interface doesn't allow for scanning, have to build the list and then load it to the interface device and see if it reports correctly.

Post Likes
    Finally got this working, for some reason it didn't like the address. Changed the address and then it worked fine. Seems there maybe some unknown device on the network that 'shouldn't' be there. Either way changed the address from 8 to 7 and then all started working. Strange thing was that getting some weird data responses on 8 and found it accidently by disconnecting the device from the network and getting a response on 8. Only reason 7 wasn't used is that is the next unit going in.

Post Likes
    Thats interesting. Good that its working now!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in