Hybrid View

outdoor thermostat

I apologize in advance for being a light on the model numbers( im not in need of assistance at this point) But I was just curious if anyone has come across an outdoor thermostat used with a dual fuel kit and found that switch contacts were stuck open (because of cold weather). I checked the continuity for the switch and had nothing then after exercising the dial on the outdoor stat the furnace began to work properly. So the unit is working fine now I was just wondering if anyone else came across the same solution. And by cold weather I mean it has been 5-20 degrees the whole last week.

System needs upgraded to the new century. IAQ stat, I suggest.
    As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another Proverbs 27:17 NIV84

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Weaver View Post
    System needs upgraded to the new century. IAQ stat, I suggest.
    It's my mother's home and she is about to be moving out so no chance she will put money in to it but thanks for the advice it seems like it would be a huge upgrade from the MESS of wires she owns now.

I assume this shifts gas heat to HP. Can you use a mechanical temperature control with remote bulb. SPDT for about $50. I use a lot on HP systems.

what stat do you use?

Remote bulb thermostat. Honeywell makesthem, as well as Robert shaw, Penn, Grainger, etc. SPDT with adj differential.

They all look the same. Multi purpose. I use them on all HP installs, as well as commercial refrigeration and temporary repairs.

Simply-high temperature at condenser(inside coil) is like an AC in summer time with a very dirty condenser coil. You would draw high amperage.

Thanks for the info, this system could really use an updated thermostat. maybe the next people to buy the house will install one