Thread: 2 units... should I shut one down to be more energy efficient?

Post Likes

2 units... should I shut one down to be more energy efficient?

Hello all,
    I'm renting out a new space for my 1400 sq. ft. business in which we tore the walls down and only have a single wall separating the front and back section with no door, it's just a pass through.

We have 2 separate HVAC units. One for the front and one in the back. If I turn the back unit off the front unit will heat the entire place fine by itself... set at 72 in the front the back will stay at 68 so it's just a 2 degree difference, but obviously the unit takes longer to heat the place.

The question is, is shutting down the rear unit and just working the front unit more a better more energy efficient way to go? And also, what about in the summer time with the AC? Does it work the same way?

Thanks all for the help!

Post Likes
    May be a bit more efficient just because the unit will run longer cycles which is better than 2 units constantly turning on & off.

Post Likes
    This is the Ask Our Pro's forum, and only Pro members that have been vetted by the AOPC may post advise, commentary, or ask questions of the OP here. Please apply to the AOPC today, thank you.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Further infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.
    Last edited by beenthere; 01-06-2013 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Non Pro * Member

Post Likes
    Sorry, I am trying to get my posts up to be able to access some tools to communicate with a Staefa Smart 2 control system. Apparently, someone forwarded the info to the webmaster.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in