Confused Carrier Infinity Thermo

Purchased an older house that has a Carrier HVAC. Seems to be working fine but I've noticed the red (when in heat mode) and blue indicator lights (when in cool) on the thermostat will fade in and out when the unit is running. I don't want to get the thermostat changed for no reason but don't want to damage anything in the system either. Could this be a power supply problem and if so where is the source of power for the 24 volts? Has anyone experienced such a problem with a Carrier Infinity? I would appreciate any help on this.
    Thanks......

Thats what its supposed to do when running
    Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he will eat for a lifetime.

Give a man a capacitor, doesn't know what to do. Teach a man to install it, now he knows everything.

Each colored light will pulsate when operating. For instances, if the heat is operating - the red light will slowly pulsate (dim) as long as the system is operational. If the light is on solid, then it is set for heat but the system is not operating at the time. The blue light is cooling. If both are on, then the system is set for auto changeover.

Sounds as if your thermostat is operating correctly. If it is not keeping temp, then you may need to call a local contractor.

Quote Originally Posted by Chack7 View Post
    Purchased an older house that has a Carrier HVAC. Seems to be working fine but I've noticed the red (when in heat mode) and blue indicator lights (when in cool) on the thermostat will fade in and out when the unit is running. I don't want to get the thermostat changed for no reason but don't want to damage anything in the system either. Could this be a power supply problem and if so where is the source of power for the 24 volts? Has anyone experienced such a problem with a Carrier Infinity? I would appreciate any help on this.
    Thanks......
    Really appreciate the quick feedback and happy to hear that this is normal for this thermostat. You all have tons of information on this site that's helpful to so may people. Great job everyone.