Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: We need laws...

Sure it's the people that are the problem...not the guns....but do we give crazies guns or do we give them knives? There is not even a basic knowledge test requirement to buy a firearm. Most employers require some sort of personality test before they will hire you....why not require the same for purchasing a firearm?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Worthington View Post
    I always back in, but for other reasons.....

One never knows when they might have to make a quick getaway
    Men trolling the forest preserves to meet other men also back in. If you visit a Chicago area forest preserve, don't say I didn't warn you.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

It was working when I left...
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Quote Originally Posted by cehs View Post
    Back into the driveway (parking space), THEN pull out with a full view of what is in front of you.
    Our local telephone company requires this procedure. You can see who or what is in the parking space when you go to back in, then you can see MUCH better when you pull out to leave...
    +1. Either that or park in a way you can "pull through" such as parking in the street.

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    Sure it's the people that are the problem...not the guns....but do we give crazies guns or do we give them knives? There is not even a basic knowledge test requirement to buy a firearm. Most employers require some sort of personality test before they will hire you....why not require the same for purchasing a firearm?
    One cannot stop a crazy from finding some kind of weapon and using it in a crazy way... Rather one CAN stop a crazy by KILLING them. After all... they chose to kill someone else. We have discussed (and proven) that crazies always go to gun free zones... that does not take a rocket scientist to figure out. And in another thread I posted a recent event in San Antonio TX where the shooter was shot and killed before they raised the toll beyond his girlfriend. Guns in the hands of trained and responsible citizens DO work... taking guns away results in a MUCH worse mess... just study history and you will see. (after all, you are a student... )

Are we such a high-minded intellectual bunch we have lost track of making folks accountable for their choices and actions.... Or have we been reduced to being afraid to protect and defend ourselves.

IMO either is a sign of a society in decline. Are we? I surely hope not... Because if we are... we risk our kids dealing with something much worse than a few school and mall shootings a year.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Galatians 2:20-21; Colossians 1: 21-22 & 26-27; 3:1-4; Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service.

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    After all... they chose to kill someone else. We have discussed (and proven) that crazies always go to gun free zones... that does not take a rocket scientist to figure out.
    You have shown a statistical correlation. What you have not proven is that gun free zones are the primary causation for selecting a site for these shootings.

In the cases of Columbine and Virginia Tech the shooters were students of these schools and both schools had armed guards. In the case of Newtown, the shooter was a former student.

As such it is far more likely that being students/ex-student was a far more motivating factor than gun free zones.

Are we such a high-minded intellectual bunch we have lost track of making folks accountable for their choices and actions....
    Non sequitur

Yes, I see a lot of stories in the news with gunmen killing people in areas where you know there are ccw people....but you never see an instance where a ccw person steps forward and stand up to the gunmen. They are probably the first to run.

Nothing wrong with that..... we all have an instinct for survival and its our duty to ourselves to get ourselves out of harms way......lol

Americans are a lot different than they were even a few decades back.... the food we eat and drink, the pills we take.....tv, the net.... everyone has that my way or the highway attitude.... Its like our brains have been turned into mush.... we just are not the responsible, logical people we once were.

Many of the killings we see out there are the results of people who no longer will listen to someone elses viewpoint..... people wont face confrontation now and try to work things out...... they run home to mommy..... or they just pull out a gun and decide to kill ....

I dont believe most americans today are mature enough or mentally responsible enough to own a gun. Those that are do not make one tiny difference in preventing crime.....and I believe that the fact that guns in the hands of americans cause more harm than good is reason enough to round em all up and melt them all down.

I know that wont happen.... but hopefully our politicians can do something to keep these loonies from getting guns... and hopefully they can do something to curb the types of guns that are availiable to these loonies.

I just want whats best for everyone.... and we should all be willing to sacrafice for the good of our fellow man.

Less guns on the street and in peoples homes also means that the pool of guns for criminals will also dry up.....

"I believe this is a sovereign state of Nevada, I abide by all of Nevada state laws. But I don't recognize the United States government as even existing."

Cliven Bundy.... Patriot ???

Quote Originally Posted by geerair View Post
    You have shown a statistical correlation. What you have not proven is that gun free zones are the primary causation for selecting a site for these shootings.

In the cases of Columbine and Virginia Tech the shooters were students of these schools and both schools had armed guards. In the case of Newtown, the shooter was a former student.

As such it is far more likely that being students/ex-student was a far more motivating factor than gun free zones.

Non sequitur

And in the case of the theater killings in Colorado the killer was a Batman nut at a Batman movie.

Responding to the King of the ignore list and pass along emails with rational and perceptive points?

Didn't you know that GA had PROVED it?

What were you thinking?

I want to run for the nomination of "Poet Laureate" of ARP. Here is my entry. This is met in good humor and I hope no one takes offense here. I just can't resist a little fun here. Thank you, thank you very much

"There once was a dude named ****y, he was so full of baloney and just as phony. Tried to make himself funny but he was just horny. His neighbors thought he was a turd but he is just a nerd in a herd. We have tried to ignore him but it only bores and floors him. We wish him be but that is not to be. He sticks around without a reason found. We wish him well in another dwell forever if that may be."
    Last edited by glennac; 01-01-2013 at 12:32 PM.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them."
    Barry Goldwater

Don't quit your day job!

Quote Originally Posted by mcjo tech View Post
    Don't quit your day job!
    Yeah well I have a few more in my "bunker" I'm working on. We'll see. Maybe even one for you since your such a "good sport" LOL. Thank you, thank you very much
    Last edited by glennac; 01-01-2013 at 02:16 PM.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by mcjo tech View Post
    And in the case of the theater killings in Colorado the killer was a Batman nut at a Batman movie.

Responding to the King of the ignore list and pass along emails with rational and perceptive points?
    As we have seen Old Ga reads the posts of those on his ignore list.

I feel sorry for the dude.

Such rationalization and intellectual dishonesty would shatter the psyche of a more intelligent, discerning mind.

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Yeah well I have a few more in my "bunker" I'm working on. We'll see. Maybe even one for you since your such a "good sport" LOL. Thank you, thank you very much
    If I were you I would hold back on your desire to use me as your poetic verisimilitude.

I am a fairly decent poet myself and am sure I can come up with a limerick you probably won't find all that funny.

There once was a man from the south.................... All in good fun of course.

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    I want to run for the nomination of "Poet Laureate" of ARP. Here is my entry. This is met in good humor and I hope no one takes offense here. I just can't resist a little fun here. Thank you, thank you very much

"There once was a dude named ****y, he was so full of baloney and just as phony. Tried to make himself funny but he was just horny. His neighbors thought he was a turd but he is just a nerd in a herd. We have tried to ignore him but it only bores and floors him. We wish him be but that is not to be. He sticks around without a reason found. We wish him well in another dwell forever if that may be."
    Poet Laureate of ARP? Indeed that is an admirable goal and one, given the artisitic and intellectual assets on display in this section, that should be well within reach even for one of your less than formidible intellectual gifts.

Your goal however is in jeopardy unless you can overcome some artisitic and structural deficits.

First, you have cast your thoughts in more a narrative than poetic form. Works for a novel but not for a ditty.

As a consequence of this form, the meter of your writing is sloppy, lacks the rhythmic flow crucial to even schoolyard poetry.

There are other, less critical problems with your submission but you must first work on structural problems before we can address the woeful artistic shortcomings.

As usual, I am always at your service.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast