Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by air1 View Post
    Numbered Drills

The drill bits are numbered drill bit sizes. They come in handy for verifying orifice size and cleaning out orifices. You can get very tiny sizes to clean pilot burner orifices.
    Your link did not work, so I have taken the liberty of fixing it.

It is essntially the same as what I said in my post to a simular set of numbered drills , but mine are available in this side of the pond.

Great minds think alike
    Regards

Martin

Portsmouth UK

Become a friend or fan on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by martinxxxxxx View Post
    Your link did not work, so I have taken the liberty of fixing it.

It is essntially the same as what I said in my post to a simular set of numbered drills , but mine are available in this side of the pond.

Great minds think alike
    Thanks for fixing the link.
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten". --Benjamin Franklin
    "Don't argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". --Mark Twain
    http://www.campbellmechanical.com

Quote Originally Posted by air1 View Post
    I had a similar problem a few years back. Several techs before me tried everything and still could not correct the problem. I put my gauges on and immediately could see there was a restriction. Guys before me pulled the piston and checked it and it appeared fine. I pulled the piston and it wasn't plugged but the orifice looked too small for the size piston. I pulled out my handy drill index to check the piston and sure enough the orifice was too small. It was the correct piston but somehow copper had deposited itself in the piston orifice. I used my drill and chipped out the copper and put the piston back in and it worked great after that.
    You really need to measure the piston orifice to make sure copper hasn't reduced the orifice size through some type of electrolysis. You'll need a drill index that measures orifice sizes.
    That's very interesting, I wouldn't have considered that.....

toyo066....what ended up being the problem????

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123