+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FP SCM3 CO Detector

Post Likes

FP SCM3 CO Detector

Anyone else have this model?
    I am experiencing issues with very, very, very slow reaction/response time.
    I also do not see how the optional pump can be utilized with this problem.
    Co will continue to rise long after initial exposure.
    Co takes an extremely long time to come back down to neutral levels after exposure.

This should be great trying to locate sources on a jobsite!
    Maybe I can wait 45 minutes at each test area. Customer should be very happy about that!
    Sure hope I got a defected unit!

sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note
    Member of the "Work Exchange Program"
    "Will work for knowledge"

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

Post Likes
    I may have posted the above while upset.
    I have many Field Piece meters, and all with the exception of the above work flawlessly.
    I'm hoping Russ can chime in here and let me know if there is indeed an issue with the unit, or if this is what I get. That will depict whether I get replacement or return!

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

Post Likes
    Well he never chimed in.. so i'll tac on my question and maybe we can get an answer, together. Related topic: SOX3 - please sell me on why I would want to purchase this unit when it doesn't even do CO. Should I have to buy a separate CO detector? That sort of defeats the cost point, doesn't it? I love fieldpiece but I was completely unimpressed with this unit. Has anyone used these who can give some feedback or maybe one of the fieldpiece guys can offer an explanation? I mean, who would buy this?

Post Likes
    Kamer,

Give us a call at 714 634 1844. It will be easier to diagnose the issue with a couple questions over the phone. Thanks!

Post Likes
    Thanks Russ, will do!
    Thinking back, probably would have been wiser of me to pm you. I'm sure there is a simple solution here.
    Guess I was a little on the grumpy side at the time

A Einstein

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ADillon View Post
    Well he never chimed in.. so i'll tac on my question and maybe we can get an answer, together. Related topic: SOX3 - please sell me on why I would want to purchase this unit when it doesn't even do CO. Should I have to buy a separate CO detector? That sort of defeats the cost point, doesn't it? I love fieldpiece but I was completely unimpressed with this unit. Has anyone used these who can give some feedback or maybe one of the fieldpiece guys can offer an explanation? I mean, who would buy this?

I bought the SCM3 to compliment my SOX3. I will only be using it until I can afford the Insight Plus. I will continue to use it as a backup. But unfortunately, my plan has been deminished until a replacement SCM3 arrives from the supply house (backordered)

A Einstein

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kamersoutdoor View Post
    I bought the SCM3 to compliment my SOX3. I will only be using it until I can afford the Insight Plus. I will continue to use it as a backup. But unfortunately, my plan has been deminished until a replacement SCM3 arrives from the supply house (backordered)
    With the combined cost, it seems like you could just get a full combustion analyzer.

Post Likes
    $1400 for the insight plus reporting package
    That will be my go-to guy
    The FP should be adequate enough for a backup unit should I need repairs done on the go-to.
    Crazy logic I know, but by having an excuse with the wife to have two toys is priceless
    Besides, i'll tinker with it for a bit!

A Einstein

Post Likes
    OK, just received my replacement SCM3 CO detector!
    Instantaneous readings, very responsive to change.
    Coffee cup test was performed, here are my results
    within 2-3 seconds I hit 850 ppm, pulled head out and ppm started dropping instantly. Within a 10 sec period unit was down to 70ish ppm, within a span of less than a minute or two it was down to 1 ppm.

A Einstein

Post Likes
    Here's a video on the Fieldpiece SOX3 Combustion Check

http://youtu.be/sKMdchUPjes

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RussellHarju View Post

http://youtu.be/sKMdchUPjes
    That is one of the fastest responding o2 readings I have seen.

Really not going to be a big seller though, IMO, until it will measure CO. Both O2 and CO must be measured simultaneously to tune a furnace, and I wouldn't drill 2 holes in everything to run 2 meters.

Include the CO measurement and leave off all the fancy stuff like efficiency calcs and printer, keep the super fast response, and I will buy it.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RussellHarju View Post
    http://youtu.be/-nrB8bXpXzs

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in