Well hello!

Thread: Well hello!

Well hello!

Some info on who I am,
    Started as a helper on installs with no clue in September of 2000. After two years doing installs of retrofit and new construction I moved into the service department, stayed in that position at the same company until spring of 2012. I moved up to lead tech working on gas furnaces, A/C systems, radiant in floor, boilers and light commercial. During that time I became NATE certified. I soon decided that it was time to move on after the company merged with another and myself having a 4 year old, I wanted to get away from being on call so often. While talking with the manager at a local supply house I soon found out that they had a position open in tech support that he said would be perfect for me. I filled out the app and quickly was hired as a field service rep (tech support) for a very large hvac manufacturer. Since being hired I have gone to training at the manufacturers plant and several others, it has been great! I am lucky to be in the position I am in and love the hours, I have my weekends back! That all being said I am now looked to as the answer man although my experience made me a great problem solver, I do not have ALL the answers and I still have TONS to learn and will be looking to this website for other opinions, knowledge and expertise, and maybe provide the same to others along the way. Doing what I do now has made me see how much help our industry needs. Cant tell you how many calls I get that are install related and could have been solved by reading the instructions, however it is nice to help a guy/girl understand something and it feels good when they "get it" and will continue to do things correctly from that point forward.

Looking forward to talking with you!

welcome aboard,

don't get offended when "tech support" starts getting ragged on.
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

I know, but thanks for the heads up......people expect me to know everything, I dont and I know that, my job is to help people, support them the best I can and if I dont know the answer I will do everything I can to get it for them.