Oxygen/refrigerant mixture?

While reading books on hvac I always read don't mix refrigerant or oil with oxygen or compressed air. They also always say not to leak test a system with oxygen or compressed air. Why exactly does that need to be stated? Is it something that people used to do or still do? Or are people just worried someone will run out of nitrogen and use the oxygen from the oxyacetylene torch? At first it was funny but now I'm curious

Oxygen mixed with oil under pressure can explode. That is also the reason the regulator on your oxy/acetylene says "do not oil".

Ya, I saw that thread and it's really interesting but why exactly do people need to be told not to use oxygen to leak check? Do some people actually use it? This is what I was reading and it made it sound like some people do.

For the same reason there is a warning label showing fingers being cut off a hand, on condensing units. Some people are stupid.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

It was working when I left...
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

because some helpers, believe there mechanics after five months of working. That's when those warnings are needed.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    For the same reason there is a warning label showing fingers being cut off a hand, on condensing units. Some people are stupid.
    Try this one. A warning sticker on one of our building elevator multi-cable motor/pulleys

Nitrogen is cheap cheap cheap. Use it!

Name:  IMAG0491.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  24.3 KB
    The picture in my avatar is of the Houston Ship Channel and was taken from my backyard. I like to sit outside and slap mosquitos while watching countless supertankers, barges and cargo ships of every shape and size carry all sorts of deadly toxins to and fro. It's really beautiful at times.....just don't eat the three eyed fish....

`. .` .>(((>

`... `. .` .>(((>

.` .>(((>

LMAOSHMSFOAIDMT