Hi guys.......I got a question for ya or a few.I have zero HVAC knowledge but I'm trying to put a new thermostat in and here is where I am at..
    I'm confusing myslef here and would like a some guidance.
    here is my wiring and equipment.
    White Rodgers thermostat 1F95 1271
    Goodman outside compressor unit( I believe a heat pump)
    Lennox inside
    My dumbass was in the middle of doing this and had the wires in my head.I should have written them down but a couple friends came by out of the blue and now I forgot what went where.Argh!!!
    here are my available wires from the house

Red...
    Yellow...
    White...
    Orange...
    Green...
    Blue...
    Dark brown.

Here is what I have on the thermostat.

W1
    W2
    G
    RH
    RC
    C
    L
    O
    B
    Y1
    Y2

Whatta make of this mess?

And now it gets even better..I decided to back off and have someone help..In the meantime I put the old thermostat back in and hooked it up.....I got nothing..No fan no compressor nothing.I checked the breker and it is good and I can hear the electric hum in the inside unit but no action.....I hope you guys can help a bit.

There is nobody here that can help with the information you provided and a rule against doing so.

Did you shut off power to the unit before you played with the wires? If not, mistake #1.

Posting here is not for DIY'ers. Mistake #2. Try some other HVAC sites, even the DIY.com one. They should be able to help you test some things.