Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 367891011121314 LastLast
Results 157 to 169 of 171
  1. #157
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Houston,Tx.
    Posts
    15,847
    Quote Originally Posted by 54regcab View Post
    Try resending the email.
    10/4
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

    "Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

  2. #158
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Moore, Oklahoma, United States
    Posts
    4,158
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    10/4

    Got the email,you should have a reply.

  3. #159
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lancaster PA
    Posts
    67,755
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    I didn't even think about those who break the red wire with overflow switches. I guess that's because I keep trying to get them to stop doing that...
    I hate when techs do that too. Just need to break the Y to the condenser.
    Contractor locator map

    How-to-apply-for-Professional

    How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

  4. #160
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,923
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    I hate when techs do that too. Just need to break the Y to the condenser.
    Some of the microswitches for some overflow switches are not designed to handle the entire load of the system, and so create low voltage issues that are sometimes difficult to trace for those who are not looking to the switch and wiring as being the issue. All of the switches will handle the outdoor contactor circuit.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  5. #161
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Houston,Tx.
    Posts
    15,847
    I have sent 54, 3 emails to call me, he responded to one he said he got, I guess the other two with my phone number got lost in space. I have such a simple fix that all of you are going to wonder why in the heck did I not think of that. If any of you would like to know, just email me "email is in profile" and I will send you my number and you can call me. Make sure you have the diagram up and are looking at it and I will go from there.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

    "Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

  6. #162
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Moore, Oklahoma, United States
    Posts
    4,158
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    I have sent 54, 3 emails to call me, he responded to one he said he got, I guess the other two with my phone number got lost in space. I have such a simple fix that all of you are going to wonder why in the heck did I not think of that. If any of you would like to know, just email me "email is in profile" and I will send you my number and you can call me. Make sure you have the diagram up and are looking at it and I will go from there.
    Busy day, didn't have a chance to call.
    I do want to know your simple fix though.

  7. #163
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Moore, Oklahoma, United States
    Posts
    4,158
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Some of the microswitches for some overflow switches are not designed to handle the entire load of the system, and so create low voltage issues that are sometimes difficult to trace for those who are not looking to the switch and wiring as being the issue. All of the switches will handle the outdoor contactor circuit.
    I've seen this too, sometimes causing intermittent problems. And of course it always works fine when you are at the customers house.

  8. #164
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Moore, Oklahoma, United States
    Posts
    4,158
    Just got off the phone with Mr Bill. Couldn't believe how simple the solution was

  9. #165
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New Braunfels, TX
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by 54regcab View Post
    The thermostat has a demand response feature that works in conjunction with variable peak power pricing program. The idea is the temperature will automatically adjust according to the customers preferences when energy prices increase during the 2-7pm time period June 1 - Sept 30. The customer always has final control of the thermostat and can overide at any time. If the customer overides, they just pay for the extra energy used. The Smarthours program is 100% voluntary as so is the thermostat.
    This is one more step in giving "big brother" control over every aspect of your life. There is No such thing as a free lunch, to quote a famous economist. The customer gets a "free" t-stat that they can override at any time and pay more; why buy into the peak power pricing scam in the first place, just one more way for the power companies to squeeze more money from the customer, and the government WILL piggyback into the home and control more and more.
    I may be wrong about the pricing scheme, but there is no way i am going to allow any outside entity control of what goes on inside my home.
    Well there may be some way, but I refuse to even start down that path.

  10. #166
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Moore, Oklahoma, United States
    Posts
    4,158
    Quote Originally Posted by KCJN832 View Post
    This is one more step in giving "big brother" control over every aspect of your life. There is No such thing as a free lunch, to quote a famous economist. The customer gets a "free" t-stat that they can override at any time and pay more; why buy into the peak power pricing scam in the first place, just one more way for the power companies to squeeze more money from the customer, and the government WILL piggyback into the home and control more and more.
    I may be wrong about the pricing scheme, but there is no way i am going to allow any outside entity control of what goes on inside my home.
    Well there may be some way, but I refuse to even start down that path.
    The peak pricing program and thermostat are VOLUNTARY. Sure there are big brother skeptics, and they don't have to join the program. Customers just have a CHOICE of how they want to pay for their power. They can pay an averaged fixed rate 24/7 like they have done in the past, or pay less when power costs less and pay more when it costs more. Customers even a "try before you buy" option for the 1st summer, if the VPP rates cost more the first year than they would have paid on the old plan, OG&E refunds the difference. Time of use and VPP rates are the way of the future, it will be on most utilities sooner or later.

    The thermostat is OPTIONAL, customers can get one installed for free if they want one. Customers can be on TOU or VPP pricing with or without the OGE thermostat. We leave their old thermostat with them just in case they ever want to put it back on. The choice of thermostat and VPP program is always the customers, they can switch any time they want to.

    We are on the program and have the thermostat at our own house, it saved us $150 last summer. The program is NOT for everybody, but it can work well if you are willing to use less power during peak times and use more during off peak times.

  11. #167
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,923
    Quote Originally Posted by KCJN832 View Post
    This is one more step in giving "big brother" control over every aspect of your life. There is No such thing as a free lunch, to quote a famous economist. The customer gets a "free" t-stat that they can override at any time and pay more; why buy into the peak power pricing scam in the first place, just one more way for the power companies to squeeze more money from the customer, and the government WILL piggyback into the home and control more and more.
    I may be wrong about the pricing scheme, but there is no way i am going to allow any outside entity control of what goes on inside my home.
    Well there may be some way, but I refuse to even start down that path.
    The NEST thermostat has the same Big Brother aspects to it, only the scam/marketing hype is that by paying for the NEST, you will save on energy costs. This is true, but at the cost of comfort.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  12. #168
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Moore, Oklahoma, United States
    Posts
    4,158
    Saw another one of these Carriers recently with low airflow. 200 degree limit switch, looks like it had been recently replaced. Anbody know what the OEM temp is on the high limit switch? I thought they were about 160, but I'm not sure. I suspect a landlord may have swapped the limit to prevent the furnace from kicking off due to low airflow instead of cleaning the nasty A-coil and blower.

  13. #169
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Moore, Oklahoma, United States
    Posts
    4,158
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Not really. Older furnaces, ones that do not use induced draft blowers, are rated differently. Bonnet capacity ratings are not actual efficiency ratings, but is the maximum amount of heat that furnace bonnet can handle. Most furnaces just prior to induced draft furnaces were in the 65-70 percent efficiency rating.
    I ran into a furnace last week and took a snapshot of the label 100K input, 80k bonnet capacity. The bonnet can handle 80k but has a 100K firing rate? What technically is the "bonnet" of a furnace anyways? I've only seen this term used on the really old stuff.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 367891011121314 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event