Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by syndicated View Post
    It's from a carrier.
    I got that. Which Carrier model? This does not seem to be a very popular board.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by coopbro View Post
    The York D1NA048N09006C gas pack breaks power to the R terminal when the limit, aux. limit, or rollout opens.
    We are discussing new residential furnaces. If we were discussing cars, we would not be concerned with having to deal with crank starters, now would we?

The York D1NA048N09006C gas pack breaks power to the R terminal when the limit, aux. limit, or rollout opens.Name:  York D1NA.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  60.9 KB

I have already mentioned it once, if you don't want the stat to cut out during an open limit on that particular board, wire it to the red on the secondary side of the transformer on the primary side of the limits, there is no danger since the gas valve is protected by a high limit, jeeeezzz! how simple!
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by 54regcab View Post
    The 24V powered thermostats definitely go blank and 24V to the thermostat back plate is gone when the burners go off on high limit.
    Ok maybe a stupid question here, but why would anyone sell or even buy "today" a stat that is dependent on the system transformer to power it? that is really old school. I sell the Honeywell 5000....6000 and all of them use batteries, stat never goes blank, well unless the batteries run down.
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    Ok maybe a stupid question here, but why would anyone sell or even buy "today" a stat that is dependent on the system transformer to power it? that is really old school. I sell the Honeywell 5000....6000 and all of them use batteries, stat never goes blank, well unless the batteries run down.
    Because old people and dumb people forget that there is batteries in the stat. Then I get no heat calls at 2am to change batteries.
    Always connect "C"!

Because old people and dumb people forget that there is batteries in the stat. Then I get no heat calls at 2am to change batteries.
    Always connect "C"!
    You don't like making money from service calls or having reasons to go to your customer's homes for potential upsells?

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    You don't like making money from service calls or having reasons to go to your customer's homes for potential upsells?
    Changing batteries on a 3 year old system because our installers failed to explain there were batteries, or the customer forgot at 2am is not a good opportunity for "up-selling".
    I don't make commission and make plenty of money of legitimate repairs during regular time.

Man, you are an extraordinarily frustrating person.

Only if you let him be, he don't frustrate me at all, matter fact I wished I knew half of what he knows about this business, I could be setting on a beach in Tahiti, drinking margaritas with all the girls on the beach....ask Robin, I am like a chick magnet, and a pretty darn good dancer to, even at 61.

I tell people I power it off the unit to save them buying and replacing batteries. They like that
    Col 3:23

questions asked, answers received, ignorance abated

I normally just pull a new wire just so they can use the options

Changing batteries on a 3 year old system because our installers failed to explain there were batteries, or the customer forgot at 2am is not a good opportunity for "up-selling".
    I don't make commission and make plenty of money of legitimate repairs during regular time.

Interesting that you think I am frustrating for giving you ways to increase your livelyhood. If your company sells annual pm's, as it should, then there is no way the batteries would ever have time to go bad. If your company is not selling pm's, your boss doesn't own a business, he owns a job.

For HVAC companies to stay in business and progress, they must build an annual customer base. Having a customer who you have installed a system for, but who did not see the value in buying an annual pm agreement, changing a t-stat battery is a very good way to keep that customer as a customer.

I am really sorry if my giving you sound advice for keeping customers frustrates you. May I suggest you just ignore me?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    Only if you let him be, he don't frustrate me at all, matter fact I wished I knew half of what he knows about this business, I could be setting on a beach in Tahiti, drinking margaritas with all the girls on the beach....ask Robin, I am like a chick magnet, and a pretty darn good dancer to, even at 61.
    I have to admit that I was quite impressed at how your scruffy self had that pretty young lady swooning over you on the dance floor. I don't get it, she didn't seem to drunk or brain damaged, but then again, I don't get most women.....intellectually....not....oh darn.....

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast