Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 25678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Fiscal cliff

Quote Originally Posted by barbar View Post
    I do not think that was called for. It my comment was an no attempt at slighting Americans, I choose Blood, only because it was something, that i thought could only be given because of goodness. But i had forgotten, that you could give blood for money. So this then not be a totally selfish act I was trying to imply earlier.

So if you choose can you get money for Blood in the USA, that is a simple Yes or No. If then the answer is a no, then I apologies to all Americans, if yes, then i will wait?

You need to read some of the comment made on this site, by I would call intellectual people, and then you wonder why non americans fell they way they do. I was shocked by what was written on this site, by over time have learnt, that what is written, is not always meant or is mis understood. The USA and its people are generally great, but that does not exclude other from also being great.
    I am not personally aware of how or where one can sell blood in the U.S., but I'm sure there is a venue to buy anything, anywhere in the world. It is just despicable that that is how you think of Americans.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

I presume, you had a great night last night and have a hangover, or you had I real shyte night and need to release you pent up tension for not having great night.
    And once again, you would presume wrong. I don't do holidays, as most everyone who knows me even a little bit knows. My wife and I spent a quiet night watching movies and went to bed soon after we heard the fireworks from the city at midnight. As those who know me also know, I rarely drink alcohol when at home, not even beer.

My attitude is strictly because of your rude claims about Americans.

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    Well the majority of the countries you named off as small country are 1st world.

Don't hide your thoughts, or disguise your vocabulary... you have the right to speak your mind and we would all like to hear it. Believe you me....if I thought so lowly of other countries I would be the first to tell them.
    Once again, I have had the priveldge to visit most, and even work in one of the island countries I mentioned. My point is that what works in smaller countries does not neccesarily work in a country as large and diverse in culture as the U.S. The U.S. is the most ethnically and culturally diverse country in the world, and simply cannot be treated the same by the feds on social issues.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyTree View Post
    Today's a good day to be a bureaucrat
    Yes it is, comrade LT (I'm a do as the Roman's do kind of a guy until I feel I can do better by rebellion.)

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    I have yet to meet any working Americans who cannot afford a cell phone, Maybe not a smart phone but every one who wants a cell phone has one
    That's because you don't associate with the working class, you elitist person, you.

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    I am not personally aware of how or where one can sell blood in the U.S., but I'm sure there is a venue to buy anything, anywhere in the world. It is just despicable that that is how you think of Americans.
    You think it is despicable, that I think most Americans are great!

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    And once again, you would presume wrong. I don't do holidays, as most everyone who knows me even a little bit knows. My wife and I spent a quiet night watching movies and went to bed soon after we heard the fireworks from the city at midnight. As those who know me also know, I rarely drink alcohol when at home, not even beer.

My attitude is strictly because of your rude claims about Americans.
    And this your right, and I did something similar.

Do not understand about what rude claims I have made against Americans in general. If it is solely about the blood issue, then you have totally mis understood and taken it out of context. I have tried to explain, and even lighten the situation. down to you to lower your heckles.

You think it is despicable, that I think most Americans are great!
    Well, now you're just trying to make nice. Not fair...we Americans are also very fickle.

And this your right, and I did something similar.

Do not understand about what rude claims I have made against Americans in general. If it is solely about the blood issue, then you have totally mis understood and taken it out of context. I have tried to explain, and even lighten the situation. down to you to lower your heckles.
    I know from past conversations with you that you do not feel as badly about Americans as way too many others in the world do, for all the wrong reasons. I took the oportunity to use, what I consider a poor analogy of Americans with the blood giving issue, as an open door to lash out against the many misconceptions of Americans. We are brash and sometimes downright rude, crude and unnattractive, but we are sincere and as giving as any others on Earth.

There are certain cities with clinics that will buy plasma from people off the street. They use the serum for producing Factor VIII for hemophiliacs, harvest platelets for clotting, and plasma for fluid resuscitation, for example. These are usually the drunks and addicts so sell their blood. They are tested and registered so they can be tracked that they are not allowed to donate too often. All donated blood and blood products are tested for about 200 various things nowadays. Without this source of blood products a lot of people would die. They use a machine that removes whole blood then either extracts just platelets or most of the plasma then returns the red cells with a little normal saline to flush it back in. Typically, you are allowed to donate plasma every 4 weeks/ whole blood every 56 days.

BTW, a West Virginian with a sheep under each arm is called a "pimp"

Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    BTW, a West Virginian with a sheep under each arm is called a "pimp"
    Or a really lucky guy!

I've heard that some of those good ole boys are so addicted to sheep that they wear wool underwear.

Hmm I wonder if they come in thongs or bikini

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    Hmm I wonder if they come in thongs or bikini
    Yes....or so I've heard. I've also heard that the boxer briefs are the most effectiv...er...comfortable.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 25678910111213 LastLast