Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast
Results 131 to 143 of 157

Thread: Fiscal cliff

  1. #131
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,962
    Quote Originally Posted by barbar View Post
    Was not you who stated, benefit all americans, well there you have it, or do the take the practical approach of swings and roundabouts. where pool gives where it required. Just because the idea is badly managed (your main beef), that does not mean the idea is bad.
    You keep missing the point completely. The point is that the Federal government should not be confiscating taxes from Americans to distribute to other Americans, because the government is so bad at doing any social programs and they cost five times as much as they would if social programs were left to private organizations and local governments.

    What you call national government is about the equivilent to what Americans think of as a state government. Once the Feds are out of our social lives and out of our pockets to fund government programs that are used more for vote buying and providing jobs and kickbacks to political friends, we can go "BACK TO" concentrating on the State of Hawaii providing what Hawaiian's in need are actually in need of and making the cost of heating a house a priority in Maine or Alaska.

    For crying out loud, some hard working Americans cannot afford items such as cell phones, but their tax money, confiscated by government, provides cell phones for those in the U.S. who don't put anything into the system. This is the sort of abuse of American tax money that has got to stop.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  2. #132
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,962
    Quote Originally Posted by barbar View Post
    Apology, I forgot that giving blood in the US is also a financial transaction (so a bad example)
    Another screwed up concept that foreigners have of Americans. MOST AMERICANS WHO GIVE BLOOD....GIVE BLOOD! We are not the capitalist pigs that you people are being told we are. We are very giving people. Americans give more than any other peoples in the world, yet foreigners think we are a bunch of feelingless people who only do anything for money. We Americans also volunteer our time more than others in the world. Americans are, for the most part, good, hard working and honest people who take care of one another as best that government will let us.

    I had to listen to this kind of bullcrap from other island mentallity gidgets when I was working in Cayman. The Brits, Irish, Aussies, Scots and other small country folk I worked with in Cayman all had these same stupid beliefs about Americans. It is bullcrap. Americans are not what you people see in movies any more than Kiwi's are freaking Hobbits and trolls.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  3. #133
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,962
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyTree View Post
    A public jack-off to go through the motions of a solution when in actuality both sides are just desperately trying to preserve the looter system. They all know where the economy is heading.
    I don't see how it can be anything other than this. We have created a monster that we cannot control. Now it's a matter of if we are going to do anything to take back some control of our lives, or if we are going to continue down the rabbit hole of Socialism until the country implodes.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  4. #134
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,268
    I think that you referring to them as small country folk just reassures them that what they think of us is true.

  5. #135
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,962
    Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    I think that you referring to them as small country folk just reassures them that what they think of us is true.
    And that would be "their" problem, of which they should be taking ownership of rather than expecting the rest of the world to coddle their misconceptions. I'm also quite tired of Americans such as yourself constantly making excuses for the U.S. and for Americans. It is the media misconception that others thinking the way they do about Americans, and people like you don't do a thing to let foreignors understand that we aren't a bunch of whiney, PC weaklings with more money than brains and no compassion.

    I've been to other countries. It's not like citizens of other countries are any nicer or nastier than we Americans are. I'm tired of having to pussy foot around verbage with people like you and foreignors who are so wrong minded about what Americans are like.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  6. #136
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,242
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Another screwed up concept that foreigners have of Americans. MOST AMERICANS WHO GIVE BLOOD....GIVE BLOOD! We are not the capitalist pigs that you people are being told we are. We are very giving people. Americans give more than any other peoples in the world, yet foreigners think we are a bunch of feelingless people who only do anything for money. We Americans also volunteer our time more than others in the world. Americans are, for the most part, good, hard working and honest people who take care of one another as best that government will let us.

    I had to listen to this kind of bullcrap from other island mentallity gidgets when I was working in Cayman. The Brits, Irish, Aussies, Scots and other small country folk I worked with in Cayman all had these same stupid beliefs about Americans. It is bullcrap. Americans are not what you people see in movies any more than Kiwi's are freaking Hobbits and trolls.
    I do not think that was called for. It my comment was an no attempt at slighting Americans, I choose Blood, only because it was something, that i thought could only be given because of goodness. But i had forgotten, that you could give blood for money. So this then not be a totally selfish act I was trying to imply earlier.

    So if you choose can you get money for Blood in the USA, that is a simple Yes or No. If then the answer is a no, then I apologies to all Americans, if yes, then i will wait?

    You need to read some of the comment made on this site, by I would call intellectual people, and then you wonder why non americans fell they way they do. I was shocked by what was written on this site, by over time have learnt, that what is written, is not always meant or is mis understood. The USA and its people are generally great, but that does not exclude other from also being great.

  7. #137
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,242
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    You keep missing the point completely. The point is that the Federal government should not be confiscating taxes from Americans to distribute to other Americans, because the government is so bad at doing any social programs and they cost five times as much as they would if social programs were left to private organizations and local governments.

    What you call national government is about the equivilent to what Americans think of as a state government. Once the Feds are out of our social lives and out of our pockets to fund government programs that are used more for vote buying and providing jobs and kickbacks to political friends, we can go "BACK TO" concentrating on the State of Hawaii providing what Hawaiian's in need are actually in need of and making the cost of heating a house a priority in Maine or Alaska.

    For crying out loud, some hard working Americans cannot afford items such as cell phones, but their tax money, confiscated by government, provides cell phones for those in the U.S. who don't put anything into the system. This is the sort of abuse of American tax money that has got to stop.
    I presume, you had a great night last night and have a hangover, or you had I real shyte night and need to release you pent up tension for not having great night.

  8. #138
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,242
    Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    I think that you referring to them as small country folk just reassures them that what they think of us is true.
    Not need worry, it is water of flightless birds back.

    Robo is a proud american, and nothing wrong with that, but he must also understand that there is also a real world outside the USA. Small country folk or not.

    Also he wrong, no hobbits in NZ we are all trolls!!!!!!!!

  9. #139
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,268
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post

    And that would be "their" problem, of which they should be taking ownership of rather than expecting the rest of the world to coddle their misconceptions. I'm also quite tired of Americans such as yourself constantly making excuses for the U.S. and for Americans. It is the media misconception that others thinking the way they do about Americans, and people like you don't do a thing to let foreignors understand that we aren't a bunch of whiney, PC weaklings with more money than brains and no compassion.

    I've been to other countries. It's not like citizens of other countries are any nicer or nastier than we Americans are. I'm tired of having to pussy foot around verbage with people like you and foreignors who are so wrong minded about what Americans are like.
    Well the majority of the countries you named off as small country are 1st world.

    Don't hide your thoughts, or disguise your vocabulary... you have the right to speak your mind and we would all like to hear it. Believe you me....if I thought so lowly of other countries I would be the first to tell them.

  10. #140
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Seattle WA
    Posts
    1,245
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    I don't see how it can be anything other than this. We have created a monster that we cannot control. Now it's a matter of if we are going to do anything to take back some control of our lives, or if we are going to continue down the rabbit hole of Socialism until the country implodes.
    Today's a good day to be a bureaucrat
    America; first we fight for our freedom,
    then we make laws to take it away.

    -Alfred E Newman

  11. #141
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kaufman county, Texas
    Posts
    10,290
    Quote Originally Posted by barbar View Post
    I presume, you had a great night last night and have a hangover, or you had I real shyte night and need to release you pent up tension for not having great night.
    No, Robo is actually serious. Many of our charitable government beneficiaries actually live better than many tax-payers. This is the gospel truth. Better housing, better food, better cars, and better sex I am calculating since they like to have so many children.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

    "Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

    Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

    I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

    "I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

  12. #142
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,242
    Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    No, Robo is actually serious. Many of our charitable government beneficiaries actually live better than many tax-payers. This is the gospel truth. Better housing, better food, better cars, and better sex I am calculating since they like to have so many children.
    I can fully understand his frustration in that area, and is certainly not limited to the USA.

    Can you sign me up for the better sex allowance.

  13. #143
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    forney texas
    Posts
    17,890
    I have yet to meet any working Americans who cannot afford a cell phone, Maybe not a smart phone but every one who wants a cell phone has one

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event