Fiscal cliff
Page 1 of 13 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: Fiscal cliff

Fiscal cliff

I think the fiscal cliff is just a ploy by both the repubs and dems to get what they both want and save face by blamming the other for the results of not stopping it . Higher taxes and large spending cuts are to come and both sides can point to the other . When i stop and think about higher taxes so more revenue and less spending over all, is this not what is required to lower our deficit . I personnally dont care if the bush tax cuts go away for every one because i feel they should have never been in the first place . I will pay more taxes now so i dont have to live off of future generations like we are now . Its time for a balanced aproach like regean did cut a dollar raise a dollar or something like that . What do you think .

Quote Originally Posted by 54885488 View Post
    I think the fiscal cliff is just a ploy by both the repubs and dems to get what they both want and save face by blamming the other for the results of not stopping it . Higher taxes and large spending cuts are to come and both sides can point to the other . When i stop and think about higher taxes so more revenue and less spending over all, is this not what is required to lower our deficit . I personnally dont care if the bush tax cuts go away for every one because i feel they should have never been in the first place . I will pay more taxes now so i dont have to live off of future generations like we are now . Its time for a balanced aproach like regean did cut a dollar raise a dollar or something like that . What do you think .
    I think you are probably correct on the idea that both sides are letting this happen, publicly posturing to lay blame on the other side. A hostile compromise?

Something has to be done to fix this wrecked economy. The income tax issue is debatable, as less taxes can boost the economy and generate more net revenue. But those ninnies in DC seriously need to stop throwing our money around like drunken monkeys turned loose in Uncle Scrooge's vault. Maybe the spending cuts are a good thing overall, keep in mind I am not aware of the details of these cuts.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Both parties know that to balance your budget you will have to do both, cut spending and raise taxes. The problem is that each party sells itself to their supporters that they will not do one of the two, Republicans raising taxes and Democrats cutting programs. The fiscal cliff was a compromise both sides worked out to kick the can past the election so that both did not loose their voting block. Now that the election is over it will be interesting to see how much either party will move. The sad thing is that they really should be cutting spending and raising taxes as much as what the fiscal cliff would do anyway. The longer they wait the worse it will have to get.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Fiscal responsibility is not a biggie to figure out. Anyone who has to work within a budget knows what it takes to be fiscally responsible. Until we decrease government expenditures, including the hundreds of thousands of American workers on government payroll, we cannot avoid the so called fiscal cliff.

Looking at the fiscal cliff another way is to say we are up against the wall....http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...Q96a8XE#t=194s
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Prior to the Bush tax cuts the economy was strong and the country was not in debt. I don't see how letting taxes and defense spending return to pre Bush era levels will harm anything

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    Prior to the Bush tax cuts the economy was strong and the country was not in debt. I don't see how letting taxes and defense spending return to pre Bush era levels will harm anything
    Oh there was debt in the 90s... Just no deficit

I agree, we are all being played. If we told them we are all turning off our news stations until next year and if we go over the cliff they will all be fired…they would all reach a sudden compromise.

We are the suckers for believing their drama.

fiscal cliff = higher taxes and spending cuts which is what is needed . We should look at were things were pre bush and start there like acmanko said . Some say we may slip back into another recession i dont think we were ever out of one . We have been borrowing money like crazy so we do not feel like were in one .

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    You're right, we have to go back a lot further than that. We should strive for first decade of the Twentieth Century standards when Americans thought for themselves more, took more responsibility for themselves and didn't look to the government the way the Eloi look to the Morlocks to take care of them.

We should be considering how much the Federal Reserve, Social Security and Dept. of Health and Human Services is costing us. HHS is responsible for over half of our entire fiscal budget.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Something to consider: BHO wants to eliminate the debt ceiling (that means NO limit to fed debt)... that is what he wants to resolve the so called cliff...

Do you guys think we should let BHO have endless spending?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

He already does
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    You're right, we have to go back a lot further than that. We should strive for first decade of the Twentieth Century standards when Americans thought for themselves more, took more responsibility for themselves and didn't look to the government the way the Eloi look to the Morlocks to take care of them.

We should be considering how much the Federal Reserve, Social Security and Dept. of Health and Human Services is costing us. HHS is responsible for over half of our entire fiscal budget.
    I see the problem with looking back that far is at that time our total population was a third of what it is now and the united states is not the same country as it was than . I would say the good old days were probally not so good if you actually lived during those times and dealt with the every day issues . What i think the real problem today is we ***** and complain way to much considering what we do have .

Quote Originally Posted by 54885488 View Post
    I see the problem with looking back that far is at that time our total population was a third of what it is now and the united states is not the same country as it was than . I would say the good old days were probally not so good if you actually lived during those times and dealt with the every day issues . What i think the real problem today is we ***** and complain way to much considering what we do have .

The good ol' days were not so good for who? The deadbeats? Our deadbeats live better than the bottom end producers. Our poor live better than many who live in third world countries. Our poor complain they have no phones and no internet, while the poor of other countries have no food and no housing. For Gods sake, they are giving out Ipads in the inner city schools. What a F'd up nation we live in. Beggars can't be choosers. Deal with it.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Page 1 of 13 1234567811 ... LastLast