Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Does carrying a gun make you feel good, if it does then maybe a "feel good statement" by accident. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by barbar View Post
    Does carrying a gun make you feel good, if it does then maybe a "feel good statement" by accident. LOL
    I don't carry a gun. I have a gun at home, gun at my shop, and I keep a gun locked up in the tool-box on my truck for traveling purposes. I don't have a concealed carry license, and I do not want one.

I am thinking you are making statements at liberty at my expense unfairly. My support for our militia and second amendment and the right of the people to be armed is my intellectual opinion. Patriotic opinion. It is not personal, I do not own an 'assault rifle', just a few simple revolvers and a .22 rifle for varmits. I am not clamoring so much for my own gun rights, I want my fellow law abiding citizens to have guns. They keep me safe.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    I don't carry a gun. I have a gun at home, gun at my shop, and I keep a gun locked up in the tool-box on my truck for traveling purposes. I don't have a concealed carry license, and I do not want one.

I am thinking you are making statements at liberty at my expense unfairly. My support for our militia and second amendment and the right of the people to be armed is my intellectual opinion. Patriotic opinion. It is not personal, I do not own an 'assault rifle', just a few simple revolvers and a .22 rifle for varmits. I am not clamoring so much for my own gun rights, I want my fellow law abiding citizens to have guns. They keep me safe.
    Please accept my apology, no insult was intended.

Please accept my apology, no insult was intended.
    I was just explaining my position Barbar. No insult was made or taken, my friend.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

I was just explaining my position Barbar. No insult was made or taken, my friend.
    Thank you Tool.
    Time for this oldie to soak away the worlds worries and get my beauty sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    I thought this last guy shooting up the kids was autistic. Autism does not exactly equate to genius, just that there is a potential for an autistic to be intelligent, but still not responsible or socially acceptable.
    Every Aspberger's child that I've dealt with has been INCREDIBLY intelligent. Maybe not true "genius" level, but certainly above average. Their intelligence, like most autistics, tends to be 'concentrated' in a particular area, though.

Of course, the media isn't too concerned about the "truth", now, are they?

It is a simply, psychological profiling thing. Mass murderers and serial killers tend to be above average in intelligence.

An armed militia is needed to overthrow a tyrannical government or a foreign invader. FACT. Those guys back in 1776 knew that, hence our second amendment. That truth applies today.

I am all for freedom. It has to be secured. Freedom is not willy-nilly thrown about by governments like a Santa Clause passing out gifts to children.
    The thing about the armed militia is that in 1903 the national guard was formed to take the place of the citizen militias of the past because the citizen militias of the past were all very ineffective...

Poorly equipped, Poorly trained..... guys showed up when they felt like it... left when they felt like it.... different militias in different areas had different rules and regulations.... no standardized ways of giving orders.... no standards as far as battlefield movements and actions....

You can scream 2nd amendment all you want.... but even the founders never envisioned an unorganized rabble of men defending the country when the SHTF..... thats why we had militia acts.. to provide training, uniformity and organization... and the failure of those early militias is why the militia was reformed in 1903 as the national guard.

The second amendment may protect your right to own a gun..... but owning a gun for the purpose of getting together with your buddies to put down an insurrection or invasion is no longer neccesary.... If the government needs civilian help in a situation like that they are simply going to call you up for the draft.
    One things for _______ sure, ________ rock didnt land on ______ sorry ___. That ___ __ _ _____ wasnt nowhere near _______ a _______ years ago. __ aint even a ______, __ is half _______ and half ________.

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    The second amendment may protect your right to own a gun..... but owning a gun for the purpose of getting together with your buddies to put down an insurrection or invasion is no longer neccesary.... If the government needs civilian help in a situation like that they are simply going to call you up for the draft.
    I'm not taing sides just enjoying the discourse. But I think one of the points the second amendment guys are making is, its the government their concerned with and want to be able to battle them if necessary.

Correct, of all the knowledge that is available to be learnt and understood, I know next to nowt! How ever I know this and always willing learn with the freedom of the mind.
    I am free from religious doctrine ( as you can see from other threads I defend the rights of all faiths)
    I am free from political partisanship, ( I do not care where a good idea comes from and open to all ideas)
    I am free because I do not live in the "prison of fear"
    I am free because I live today and for the future, and not in the shadow of the past.

So I think i understand freedom, and must first start with yourself, and when you find freedom , you will understand, that with this power, comes responsibility.

You have made an attack without answer any of my questions, I do not have to understand America to understand Data.
    IMO what you speak of is 'false freedom'. Being free to intellectually play with issues... all the while not being willing to take the hard step to GUARANTEE a tyrannical govt will not take unfair advantage of you... is not the freedom the founders of America sought... and many good men died to acquire.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Based upon your comment, and for discussion purposes only (no insult intended), could it be that the second amendment and sub related documents, where actually no more than a political feel good statement, written for the time when country was young and the leaders wanted the populous to take ownership of the growth of the country.
    My friend, you have insulted the intelligence and professionality of the founders of America... personally I resent that.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Can you please show stats on the highlighted statement.
    I have studied the stats on safety and arms, an you statement is incorrect, the polite bit, i am unable to find stats, so i will take your word.
    History has shown (including very modern and present), that a need for a document to overthrow a govt is not required to overthrow a govt.
    At what stage, is an armed uprising internally going to happen. Has the present Potus, indicated that no future elections will be held, As elections are the legitimate method of govt overthrow. And could your forefathers actually indicated that the electoral system was the method of removal of an unpopular govt (Tyrant)
    You are one who wants to limit voting rights to those who do not have political maturity, yet are promoting unlimited arming of these same people who are not mature enough to vote. Is this a loss of freedom.
    Barber, you have been involved in multiple threads on this forum discussing this issue... and the stats have been posted by more than one person.

IMO for you to ask for them tells me you are more interested in the sport of debate than in learning. MeThinks there is a question as to whether the gentleman is too far 'down under' to learn... <grin>
    Cheers...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Why should it matter to anyone else how carrying a gun makes an individual who chooses to carry a gun feel? Is this some sort of psych test?

Maybe some who carry guns do feel good because they are carrying a gun, I can't speak for others. When I carry, the most difference in my "feelings" is that I feel more responsible.

But mostly, how others "feel" about anything is really none of anyone else's business unless those feelings are desired to be expressed by those experiencing them. Why not ask how someone "feels" when they are beating someone to death because that person attempted to harm or kill the person who is now doing the beating?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

One of the most popular varmit rifles, the Ruger 10/22, is on the list of assault weapons.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast