Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 36789101112131415161718 LastLast
Results 157 to 169 of 232
  1. #157
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,268
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Funny many on here think that the Second Amendment implies that you need to belong to a "militia" to possess a firearm. That is pure BS.

    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

    It is clear that the amendment addresses "people" not the Militia as who can bear arms. You can not "infringe" upon the right of the people to bear arms rather or not they belong to a Militia. It's pretty clear to me. But I'm sure a liberal wearing pink colored glasses can see it that way. Thank you, thank you very much
    Glenn, I agree, I do not think you nee justification to own a gun, more that you just have the right.

    Is the real argument, which is the stronger, The right to own a gun, or owning a gun then infringing the right freedom liberty and happiness (I hope have that right) others.

  2. #158
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,268
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Brian, you do not know your history.

    Germany was in an economic mess (result of loosing WW1). This smooth talking guy came along and promised utopia if folks would just trust him. A few older folks said no... yet the youth and easily impressed followed (like sheep). They VOLUNTARILY gave their guns away.

    The pages of ARP are filled with accounts of govts who knew they would never have the power they want until the guns are taken. Even Japan knew better than to invade American soil... because Americans are armed.
    Remember discussions of gorilla/insurgent warefare... picking off a few soldiers here and there... then hide and do it again in a few hours or tomorrow... Local militias always win against large armies... that was posted a while back also.

    Brian, you really need to review your posts, and think about what you write. You are in the process of removing any doubt as to your intelligence.
    GA, I think you need to expand your history, instead of choosing points in history, that suit your arguments.

    Lets look at people power in work, basically "peaceful" a non armed uprising

    The British Commonwealth, (large number of countries and populations)
    More recent time the fall of the Eastern Block, similar large number countries and population.

    basically the population, refused to provide labour, so economic pressure was the weapon of choice.

  3. #159
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    8,102
    Remember discussions of gorilla/insurgent warefare... picking off a few soldiers here and there... then hide and do it again in a few hours or tomorrow... Local militias always win against large armies... that was posted a while back also.

    Go tell that to Johney Reb.... or the revolutionary war militias who got their asses handed to them by the british till von styvestant whipped their butts into shape with some guidelines and standards....

    Ever read what old Wooden toothed George wrote about the militias....... he considered them pretty much a waste of resources...

    thats George Washington too.... in case you didnt get the wooden tooth reference....

    Got his teeth knocked out the day the declaration of independence was signed...... After the signing and a few drinks of ale....old tom jefferson sulled up and went outside and after having a couple of local routabouts or whatever tie his slaves to a couple of trees Old jefferson proceeded to whip those slaves till they almost bled to death......all the while repeating in an eerie crazy angry voice......."ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL".....

    Old George stepped in to stop him but Jefferson got george right in the mouth with the butt of a pistol........sending his pearly whites... well they were actually rotten..... but sending his rotten stinking teeth to the ground.

    I believe ben franklin and sam adams finally tackled Jefferson....and got him under control..... He was never the same after that day.... like something broke inside of him.....
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

  4. #160
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    8,102
    It was posted a while back so that makes it true....
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

  5. #161
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    S.E. Pa
    Posts
    6,277
    Nikki Haley, governor of SC:

    "My stance on guns: As a CWP holder, I am pro 2nd amendment and pro 10th amendment and will defend both. I would support open carry and reciprocity with any other state. The horrible shootings we have seen over the past few years have been related to individuals with mental health so my administration went right to the source. My first year in office we dramatically increased funding to mental health by $16 mill the first year and $11 mill this past budget. I am committed to helping those with mental health issues get the help they need while defending our 2nd amendment."

  6. #162
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    8,102
    SC puts those maniacs back out on the street with a couple of months supply of much needed meds quicker than any other state in the union.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

  7. #163
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,568
    Quote Originally Posted by barbar View Post
    GA, I think you need to expand your history, instead of choosing points in history, that suit your arguments.

    Lets look at people power in work, basically "peaceful" a non armed uprising

    The British Commonwealth, (large number of countries and populations)
    More recent time the fall of the Eastern Block, similar large number countries and population.

    basically the population, refused to provide labour, so economic pressure was the weapon of choice.
    Different cultures do different things... however:

    American heritage is based on rugged individualism... and protecting oneself with firearms.

    What I do not understand is why folks think they have to change that... we are doing just fine with it.

    I might remind you the WORST shooting massacre in modern history is in a Scandinavian country with VERY STRICT gun laws.

    Might want to read Jmac's posts... he giving the raw facts... not much of an argument against them.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  8. #164
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,964
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Remember discussions of gorilla/insurgent warefare... picking off a few soldiers here and there... then hide and do it again in a few hours or tomorrow... Local militias always win against large armies... that was posted a while back also.

    Go tell that to Johney Reb.... or the revolutionary war militias who got their asses handed to them by the british till von styvestant whipped their butts into shape with some guidelines and standards....

    Ever read what old Wooden toothed George wrote about the militias....... he considered them pretty much a waste of resources...

    thats George Washington too.... in case you didnt get the wooden tooth reference....

    Got his teeth knocked out the day the declaration of independence was signed...... After the signing and a few drinks of ale....old tom jefferson sulled up and went outside and after having a couple of local routabouts or whatever tie his slaves to a couple of trees Old jefferson proceeded to whip those slaves till they almost bled to death......all the while repeating in an eerie crazy angry voice......."ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL".....

    Old George stepped in to stop him but Jefferson got george right in the mouth with the butt of a pistol........sending his pearly whites... well they were actually rotten..... but sending his rotten stinking teeth to the ground.

    I believe ben franklin and sam adams finally tackled Jefferson....and got him under control..... He was never the same after that day.... like something broke inside of him.....
    We should all take inspiration from the Gurkha. The British got so frustrated with not being able to oppress those Nepalese that they just got them to join the British military. As one claimed quip goes; "If a man says he is not afraid of dying, he is either a liar or a Gurkha."
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  9. #165
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,268
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Different cultures do different things... however:

    American heritage is based on rugged individualism... and protecting oneself with firearms.

    What I do not understand is why folks think they have to change that... we are doing just fine with it.

    I might remind you the WORST shooting massacre in modern history is in a Scandinavian country with VERY STRICT gun laws.

    Might want to read Jmac's posts... he giving the raw facts... not much of an argument against them.
    I very much agree with your first statement, that the gun issue is somewhat more cultural than factual.

    I did but up a counter claim on Jmacs post, regarding the difference in Homicide rates "less guns less homicide", can we see how easy it is to manipulate data to a point of view.

    If you feel that there is no room for improvement, then why make a change. But I think if that was the case then this and other threads would not be running or have any interest.

  10. #166
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Rochester, NY, USA
    Posts
    14,417
    Quote Originally Posted by barbar View Post
    I very much agree with your first statement, that the gun issue is somewhat more cultural than factual.

    I did but up a counter claim on Jmacs post, regarding the difference in Homicide rates "less guns less homicide", can we see how easy it is to manipulate data to a point of view.

    If you feel that there is no room for improvement, then why make a change. But I think if that was the case then this and other threads would not be running or have any interest.
    the people trying to make changes to the Gun laws, don't really care about gun laws, they do care about power and control.

    Oddly enough, the most powerful people that want these changes are........Jewish?

    Feinstein, Boxer, Schumer, Lautenberg, Bloomberg. How weird is that

    I just find it weird that the most persecuted people on the planet WANT gun control
    LOVE has four letters

    So does BEER, DEER,GUNS AND FISH

  11. #167
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,854
    Quote Originally Posted by barbar View Post
    Glenn, I agree, I do not think you nee justification to own a gun, more that you just have the right.

    Is the real argument, which is the stronger, The right to own a gun, or owning a gun then infringing the right freedom liberty and happiness (I hope have that right) others.
    You got it down barbar, good man. If one with a gun infringes upon the rights of others then hopefully a good guy with a gun will correct the problem then instead of having to wait for a cop to show up and damage is already done. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  12. #168
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,268
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    the people trying to make changes to the Gun laws, don't really care about gun laws, they do care about power and control.

    Oddly enough, the most powerful people that want these changes are........Jewish?

    Feinstein, Boxer, Schumer, Lautenberg, Bloomberg. How weird is that

    I just find it weird that the most persecuted people on the planet WANT gun control
    Polecats left and right are always after power and control.

    In NZ we do not get to see much of your political figures (in direct interviews), who cares about being interviewed by a reporter from NZ, so our interviews overseas are generally Mums and Dads (are they after there 5 mins of fame, even if it is only in NZ) and our reporters are fairly neutral, balanced on most issues. So there does seem some concern about the proliferation of guns and responsible gun ownership. Which is also a little funny that the ones who are concerned, are still buying guns. A good business to be in at the moment.

  13. #169
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,568
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    the people trying to make changes to the Gun laws, don't really care about gun laws, they do care about power and control.

    Oddly enough, the most powerful people that want these changes are........Jewish?

    Feinstein, Boxer, Schumer, Lautenberg, Bloomberg. How weird is that

    I just find it weird that the most persecuted people on the planet WANT gun control
    What they want is everyone ELSE to be dis-armed...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 36789101112131415161718 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event