The second amendment - Page 10
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    Your stating so does not make your claim true either.
    Certainly it does.

It is axiomatic that correlations do not imply or prove causation which is precisely what the poster in question was doing.

I would further add that my claims are not based on correlations.

Quote Originally Posted by martinxxxxxx View Post
    The 2nd amendment is an outdated sentiment of a by gone era and just plain wrong.

There should be a 3 month amnesty in which everyone should be required to give up all arms to the local police station - all licences should be revoked.

New licences should then only be given to gun clubs where the guns are not allowed to leave the premises - and are kept locked away.,

Otherwise you are just going to have more and more deaths each year.

Brazil has mandatory licensing, registration, and maximum personal ownership quotas. It now bans any new sales to private citizens. Their homicide rate is almost three (3) times higher than the U.S.
    Homicide trends in the United States, U.S. data: Bureau of Justice Statistics, September, 2004. Brazil data: Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization, 2005.

Fact: In Canada around 1920, before there was any form of gun control, their homicide rate was 7% of the U.S rate. By 1986, and after significant gun control legislation, Canada’s homicide rate was 35% of the U.S. rate – a significant increase. In 2003, Canada had a violent crime rate more than double that of the U.S. (963 vs. 475 per 100,000).
    Targeting Guns, Gary Kleck, Aldine Transaction, 1997, .
    Juristat: Crime Statistics in Canada, 2004 and FBI Uniform Crime Statistics online.

Fact: Ironically, firearm use in crimes in the UK has doubled in the decade since handguns were banned.
    Weapons sell for just £50 as suspects and victims grow ever younger, The Times, August 24, 2007.

Fact: Britan has the highest rate of violent crime in Europe, more so than the United States or even South Africa. They also have the second highest over all crime rate in the European Union. In 2008, Britan had a violent crime rate nearly five times higher than the United states (446 vs. 2034 pre 100,000 population).
    The most violent country in Europe: Britain is also worse than South Africa and U.S., Daily Mail, July 3, 2009, citing a joint report of the European Commission and United Nations.

Im sure your to lazy to look up any of these FACTS, Once again the law abiding citizen must educate people that have no clue what they are talking about, your welcome
    BEING AN ADULT

is the dumbest thing I have ever done

Quote Originally Posted by geerair View Post
    Again, correlation is not causation.
    on top of what Huge B said, what I posted ARE FACTS, geer can't come up with any fact to support anything he says
    BEING AN ADULT

The 2nd amendment is an outdated sentiment of a by gone era and just plain wrong.

There should be a 3 month amnesty in which everyone should be required to give up all arms to the local police station - all licences should be revoked.

New licences should then only be given to gun clubs where the guns are not allowed to leave the premises - and are kept locked away.,

You Brits are still upset because we Yanks kicked the crap out of your ancestors and became a bigger deal then your little island was at one time. There is nothing outdated about anything in the American Constitution. In fact, we should have annexed (no longer so..) Great Britain after WWII and put you guys in charge of Germany and France.

If that had happened, maybe you would be thought to be responsible enough to own weapons so you too could protect yourselves.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

BEING AN ADULT

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    on top of what Huge B said, what I posted ARE FACTS, geer can't come up with any fact to support anything he says
    Fact
    Homicide rate per 100K in the USA 4.2
    Homicide rate per 100K in the UK 1.2

If violent crime is higher, why do you think the homicide rate is lower. Could it be that there is less guns available,

your kidding
    We really need change now

my mistake, Im sorry, I didn't realize you were a subject and you enjoy your servitude.

we here in America threw you guy out for a reason, BTW, can have Piers Morgan back, he has to be the biggest idiot from the UK
    BEING AN ADULT

this Barbar in the blue sweater ( actually thought this was pretty funny)

BEING AN ADULT

Quote Originally Posted by barbar View Post
    Taken slightly out of context, as the statement was an attempt a bit of humour hence the LOL at the end

But I will bite.

If owning a gun, increases security and you know that you are able to repel, then surely who must "feel better"
    I'd feel better if I lived in a world where I didn't feel that circumstances could require me to defend myself. So no, carrying a weapon, in and of itself, in no way makes me "feel good".

I can only guess that since you don't have the option to carry a gun, you cannot comprehend the difference it makes in ones mind to be responsible for carrying a gun. Despite what foreigners may believe, Americans don't all fancy ourselves as some sort of wild west cowboys just because we have the right to arm ourselves. Being armed is a responsibility, not some feel good thing we do.

There are a number of posters here who cannot own a gun and therefore don't want the rest of us to own one either. Given that I live in the United States where I can own firearms I shall continue to enjoy that ability. I don't understand those in other countries having such a concern about my ability to own and enjoy a firearm in my country so far from their country. What is it about that that bothers them? My gun does not shoot that far! So, they are unaffected. What is their problem?

Furthermore, if they came to my country I would take them to the range where they could really enjoy themselves with some impressive firepower.

Hey, Hugh, you're just correlating causationatory correlations....or something similarly as inane as geer's contradictions of what others post.

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 ... LastLast