Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Aquasnap Chiller with micro channel condenser coils

Anyone know if the aquasnap condenser coils have a top/bottom direction? I had a crew change out a set for me and now only the closest side to the inlet outlet seem to get flow. From left to right the right side stays cold and from top to bottom the top two third is warm while the bottom third sweats cold. These are brand new coils from the factory. The chiller maintains a 425 head until the last compressor kicks on and she shoots up to 600psi and goes off on a pressure fault. I weighed in the 86 lbs 410a and pulled the vacuum before. I'm thinking the coils must be in upside down?

Model Serial Number ?

Quote Originally Posted by cri3541 View Post
    Model Serial Number ?
    It's a 30rb not there right now had to drop down off the roof 60 mph gusts all day. Will get that info and respond in a bit.

I am looking at a 60 ton and Discharge is on the inside of V and Liquid Line on the outside. Does that make sense?

I think you would have to try hard to get that in backwards as they weld up exactly like they come out. sounds like during the changeout things got dirty, maybe bad piping practices. they are super easy to plug so hopefully they were using nitrogen.

These coils are 3 pass and bolted in

The coils we were given by carrier to replace leaking flange gaskets. I'm thinking that the coils must have a directional flow and if they were put in upside down the flow would be interrupted or impeded somewhat. Yes a lot of nitrogen was used, we contracted seven chiller coil change outs. I wasn't there for the changing part but did the start ups.

Here it is: 30RBA1604-53-97
    0508Q85367

So your a east coast tech in Houston?
    Harris county?

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoasttech View Post
    Here it is: 30RBA1604-53-97
    0508Q85367

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas Duster View Post
    So your a east coast tech in Houston?
    Harris county?
    I could answer that depending if I owe you any money? Lol yes harris county.

The bottom of the coil should have a horizontal run of aluminum that is not connected to the header. Still trying to understand the sweating part of you explanation.

I could answer that depending if I owe you any money? Lol yes harris county.

Okay there are three points where the header attaches. Top middle and bottom. The two top most flanges are abnormally hot. The bottom most "suction" one was cold and sweating like it was a suction line. I'm going to check in the morning for that aluminum horizontal line.

So all 3 are sweating?

Okay there are three points where the header attaches. Top middle and bottom. The two top most flanges are abnormally hot. The bottom most "suction" one was cold and sweating like it was a suction line. I'm going to check in the morning for that aluminum horizontal line.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast