+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gauge hose ??

Post Likes

Gauge hose ??

Hey guys about the first week of december my boss gave us all testo 550 gauge manifolds. He told us we had to buy hoses for them and if we broke them its our job to replace them ect ect. I was just wondering what is a good place to get a good set of hoses? I have had standard hoses for my r-22 gauges and low loss fitting for my r-410 gauges. The guys here seem to like the ones with the valves in them Ive never used them before not sure if there worth the extra money. Seem like another thing to cause an issue

Post Likes
    I got mine from United Refrigeration. Let them know you are paying for them yourself and they should adjust the price, at least that's what they do here.

Post Likes
    the shut offs in the hoses fail. I have used different manufacturer's types...same result. I now use the black charging/vacuum reted hoses with external shut offs. The hoses outlat the shutoffs.
    Doug

Post Likes
    Thats what I kind of figured was the shut offs will fail and give me more issues then its worth

Post Likes
    If you have the low loss fittings and you go release what is caught in the hoses still you are going to blow oil and crap all the digital manifold. I have always used the shut offs and never had problem.

Post Likes
    I won't purchase hoses without the ball valves. I'm not a fan of the low loss fittings. Just bleed the liquid back into the suction and there's no loss or mess.
    Chaos equals cash$$$

Post Likes
    I got mine at united, and use either low loss, or ball valve hoses depending on what I'm doing. I like both......for different reasons.

personally, I think the ball valve hoses are overpriced for what you get though.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in