Hi Guys from Fresno Ca.

Hi Guys from Fresno Ca.

Hi Guys,

Glad I found this site! Im currently in management in healthcare and am trying to get training to enter the HVAC field. Air conditioning is essential here in the summer in the Central Valley so I know I'll find work.

Merry Christmas and/or Happy Holidays!!

Good luck, be aware that there is a steep learning curve and financial outlay in tools before you can even start. If you you have been in a desk job - it is going to be an almighty shift in the way you work. I have cross trained from being an electrician and I have to tell you that I have yet to cover my tools and training costs after two years in this trade. I really love this work though- - I have got bored with electrics so I wanted to get a bit more variety of work - I did not expect it to be a gold mine and it has lived up to not being one so far - just a big hole to throw money. I have two pals that have been in this industry all of their working lives and they are there to back me up if I need them,but I stay well within my envelope of knowledge and practical skills. If there is something new I get one of them in and tag along for experience, They will let me do the job under guidance, for you; you will need to get something in place like this and the training you will need will take five years or more. If you expect it to pay for itself anytime soon - stay where you are - because it wont'

Martin,
    Thank You for the information and insight!