+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RTAC......Techview

Post Likes

RTAC......Techview

I am finding it difficult to hook techview up to my RTAC chillers anyone got any advice, Also just changed out the dynaview controller, It says it must be programmed I am assumming you can do this through Techview if I can get it hooked up. I am very familier with the RTAA's, not so much with the RTAC any advice apprectiated.

Post Likes

Welcome to Hell!

Just kidding.

Could you be more specific?

Do you mean that you are having trouble finding the cable?

Or are you having trouble running the program?

Is it locking up or stalling?

The RTAC has a very different control system from the RTAA as you can clearly see.

Nothing, & I mean nothing on the RTAC is "plug & play".

Have you found out about the magnetic screwdriver yet?

A little more info please.

All my leon freaked out!

Post Likes
    You must 1st connect your laptop and save the configuration from the old 530 before removing it and replacing it. Once you have done this, you then install the new 530 and load the configuration from the file you saved, then you're done.

If the old 530 is inoperable and the configuration cannot be saved you then must connect and enter the correct product code (4-6 digit number-I think) to obtain the proper model number (can't remember for sure if it called a product code) but it's one the name plate.

You need an RS232 9-pin strait-through cable to connect.

Post Likes
    I know the magnetic screwdriver trick, we were having comm losses on all the sensors. Turns out water got into the controller. I replaced the controller and now it says it has to be programmed. I never could get the techview to connect to my laptop. I ordered the Quatech PCMCIA cable and my laptop will not take the cable. According to Quatech a Dell inspiron E1505 does not have a PCMCIA hookup and there is noway to modify it. They are suppose to have a cable coming out the begining of next year that will work, but that doesnt help me now. Is there any other cables that will work? Once connected to techview is it pretty much self explainatory or difficult to use?

Post Likes
    techview is not terrible to use, but it takes some time. plan on a day or two to get used to it. if you are not used to techview, you are probably not used to the chiller. it really is quite different from the RTAA. take the manuals for the chiller home and read 'em. you should be able to pick it up quickly.
    "Right" is not the same as "Wise".

Don't step on my favorite part of the Constitution just to point out your favorite part.

Just because you can measure it, doesn't mean it is important. Just because you can't measure it, doesn't mean it isn't important.

Post Likes
    If you down have a port to hook the 9 pin connector in your computer it will not work. Don't be fooled either. The USB to 9 pin wont work. My be time to change computers. This is an easy system to use. When replacing the panel you will need to type in the mod# and the code Scott mentioned.
    Kevin

Post Likes
    Saving RTAC Config: There is no way to save the RTAC configs, only Centrifugals. That is why the RTAC has a CRC code on the nameplate, so you can't mess up the basic configuration.

Techview not connecting: your e1505 doesn't have a serial port or a PC Card (PCMCIA) slot so you will need to find a USB serial adapter that will work. Most all do not because of the data transfer rates required by Techview software. Try Radio Shack USB adapter, I have good luck with that one on mine, most always works perfect.

Post Likes
    Number one, you need a serial cable hook up, you also should have the latest TECHVIEW service pack update, if you don't and the chiller you are working on has newer software than what your laptop has you will not be able to hook up. Once you get hooked up you will be able to bind all of the LLIDS with a south pole of a magnet. That of course is after you have programmed and configured the CH530/Dynaview or easyview. I highly recommend that anyone working on these chillers should take a traing class. The RTAC chiller is a whole nother animal, Nothing like the RTAA.

Post Likes
    There is no binding involved when changing a dynaview, simply save configuration and download it to the new dynaview.If you can't save the old config simply put the config code in where it asks for it on the software tab.You will have to reload setpoints manually however.

Post Likes
    I am well aware of bindings not being neccesary to replace a CH530. I was replaying to chads 2nd replay where he stated he was having comm loses on he's sensors. From my experience when water gets into the CH530 you usually do lose some if not all of your bindings.

Post Likes

RTAC

First you have to make sure you have the latest software for both techview and the RTAC,all available at trane.com . second if you have installed the new dynaview remove it and put the old one back power up and save the configuration. do it the reliable way with pen and paper,use the iom and use the nomaculture to compare the model no and confirm all the unit options. load the correct configuration and microprocessor software into the new dynaview ,rebind any llids as needed and you should be good to go. you need a 9 pin serial part printer cable to connect to the dynaview available at any computer store.

Post Likes

RTAC

There are two similarities between the RTAA and RTAC. There painted green and built in Pueblo , thats where it ends you need to take the RTAC course if you are not familiar with it. good luck

Post Likes
    Originally posted by kwillmech
    Saving RTAC Config: There is no way to save the RTAC configs, only Centrifugals. That is why the RTAC has a CRC code on the nameplate, so you can't mess up the basic configuration.

Techview not connecting: your e1505 doesn't have a serial port or a PC Card (PCMCIA) slot so you will need to find a USB serial adapter that will work. Most all do not because of the data transfer rates required by Techview software. Try Radio Shack USB adapter, I have good luck with that one on mine, most always works perfect.

Whoops...forgot that. Once I went from the "easy-view" to the DinaView. I remember now; you just enter the correct confirmation code and you're done. Sorry for the miss-information. I just did a Centravac DinaView the other day and had that stuck in my head.

Post Likes
    Take the class in Lacrosse. You will learn tricks can't be found anywhere else!

Post Likes
    moved to tech to tech

Post Likes
    Wow, you responded to a 7 year old post! Congrats!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in