Thread: Aprilaire Issue

Post Likes

Aprilaire Issue

I have a Model 700 with a Model 58 humidistat on an Amana propane furnace. The furnace is about 3 years old as is the humidifier. The humidistat is the second one and is less than a year old. I have a programmable thermostat that raise the temp during the day to conserve cost. The heat does not come on too frequently during the day.

With that said, here is my problem and from what I can recallmit has been a problem since furnace intallation. The humidistat calls the furnace to start the blower motor (only). The blower motor comes on but for only about 5-10 seconds and then turs off. This will happen all day if I let it. I have to turn the humistat off so this cycle stops. Like I said, replacing the humidistat did not resolve it and the wiring has been checked by two different HVAC companies. Any thoughts? Thanks

Post Likes
    I forgot to mention that there is a Model 4851 transformer as well.

Post Likes
    4851 blower relay. Sorry

Post Likes
    Call another company. If it cycles every 10 seconds, they should be able to locate problem. Multimeter and a little knowledge to see where voltage is coming from.

Post Likes
    Thanks. Fortunately, I didn't go that route or I would have wasted my money. In any event, I called Aprilaire and it is a known issue with the Model 58/4851. That's why they came out with the Model 60. I'll have my setup replaced with the 60 and hope that does the trick.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in