Reznor hanging furnace problem

Hello Everybody - Merry Christmas,

I had this same problem last year, it fixed itself till now,

Medium size Reznor, 20 years old, has worked fine, just stopped working, pilot is on, jumping the 2 wires from the furnace at thermostat does nothing, no clicking - nothing.
    Last year did the same thing, I changed the stat, went up and jumped wires at the furnace nothing, it just started working, I switched the stat back to the original and it continued to work until now.

Any ideas would be appreciated -

Thanks, Frank

Off on the high limit and it did not reset. Not user servicable. By the way, jumping out the thermostat at the unit with the stat connected is a bad idea. At 20 years old, I would almost bet on a cracked heat exchanger, Reznors are notorious for that. Better call in a professional HVAC company to get it checked.
    A good HVAC tech knows how, an educated HVAC tech knows why!

DEM

Quote Originally Posted by heaterman View Post
    Off on the high limit and it did not reset. Not user servicable. By the way, jumping out the thermostat at the unit with the stat connected is a bad idea. At 20 years old, I would almost bet on a cracked heat exchanger, Reznors are notorious for that. Better call in a professional HVAC company to get it checked.
    Thanks for the reply Heaterman.

I did disconnect the wires from the the thermostat before I jumped them, no luck.

Garage CO detector has never gone off.

I'll have to try and find someone to take a look,

Thanks Again,

Frank

Frank a CO detector won't go off on a cracked exchanger until the unit soots up and rolls out flame. As techs we want to catch those cracks way before they get to that stage.

Quote Originally Posted by martyinlincoln View Post
    Frank a CO detector won't go off on a cracked exchanger until the unit soots up and rolls out flame. As techs we want to catch those cracks way before they get to that stage.
    OK, thanks,

With it being Christmas eve and Christmas day tomorrow I'm not having any luck finding someone. It's not an emergency but I have a bunch of stuff I don't want to freeze ( automotive paint, etc. ) so I have to get on it quick.

Happy Holidays,

Frank