Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The ton was never corrected, just the line size got a boost 7/8 to 1 1/8", with one trap about fifteen feet off the unit, no oil added to the system to my knowlege. ?? ???

Quote Originally Posted by ckartson View Post
    Is the heat pump located 130' above the indoor coil? I have not seen line sizing charts yet for R410. It seems to me that if the vetical is a suction riser that there should be a trap every 20'. Also tonage may have needed correction due to line losses.
    He said the coil is above the condenser.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Cool

you would want an inverted trap so that the refrigerant does not migrate to the compressor during the off cycle.

info, trap.

Quote Originally Posted by tborn View Post
    you would want an inverted trap so that the refrigerant does not migrate to the compressor during the off cycle.
    Ok, inverted trap. At the top of the suction line shortly before the unit ? Would that correct the problem you think ? or am I still looking at this one the wrong way ? thanks

Traps do not solve capacity problems.
    Contractor locator map

Hi beenthere, When refering to heat pumps, some of us, or maybe just me need clarification as to which part of the sytem a person is refering to. The condensor in a heat pump resides in two different locations depending on the mode. I didn't completely undestand his question so I gave my iput upon what I assumed. I appoligize if this type of assumtion is not acceptable in your forums. I'm kind of new here and I thought this was an open forum to discuss what we think we know or my not know. I thank you for setting me straight on how this forum works. I'm glad your the moderator and keep us all in line so we don't say anything or ask anything that may be obvious to you but not myself.

Quote Originally Posted by ckartson View Post
    Hi beenthere, When refering to heat pumps, some of us, or maybe just me need clarification as to which part of the sytem a person is refering to. The condensor in a heat pump resides in two different locations depending on the mode. I didn't completely undestand his question so I gave my iput upon what I assumed. I appoligize if this type of assumtion is not acceptable in your forums. I'm kind of new here and I thought this was an open forum to discuss what we think we know or my not know. I thank you for setting me straight on how this forum works. I'm glad your the moderator and keep us all in line so we don't say anything or ask anything that may be obvious to you but not myself.
    LOL...

Yes, with a heat pump, the condenser coil could be inside or out, depending on the mode.

It would be better if indoor coil, and outdoor unit were used.

If you don't completely understand a question, ask the poster for clarification.

I posted as a pro member not as a moderator.

There was nothing offensive in my post.

At times, it does take a thick skin to post here.
    Contractor locator map

to not get stuck in the trap !! !!!

Quote Originally Posted by hvaclover View Post
    Nordyne? You are going to need an adjustable TXV for sure. But they have a very good and responsive tech assistance dept. just make sure as was mentioned earlier you get it in writing.
    This definitely goes beyond the normal parameters of the install instructions.
    Well we all may have been a little right, Nordyne tech only had info. on up to 50' vertical so it went directly to engineer. I do not get it in writing but I also don't get a voided warrenty so that's fair. The 1 1/8" suction trap has to be removed, and an inverted trap on the 1 1/8" suction line before the indoor coil has to be installed, along with double checking I am getting enough air across the coil. It's hard to unsort what has already been done and sheetrocked over sometimes and sometimes like this I guess I luck out ?

I have my fifteen post, how do I apply for Pro Membership ? Oh and I talked to Nordyne, it's not as bad as I had thought. I need to remove the suction line trap and put inverted trap up top, correct airflow across indoor coil and I am good to go, or they are.. ...

With the indoor coil above the outdoor unit, oil return isn't a problem.

Go to this link, and follow the instructions.
    http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?threadid=116113
    Contractor locator map

How do you mean oil return is not the problem ? They are saying with the outdoor below the indoor by that great a distance I need an inverted trap short of the airhandler, and to remove the lower level suction line trap. Do you think this is not the correct aproach ?

What I meant, was the oil has no problem running down the vapor pipe, with that configuration.

The inverted trap at the air handler, will help to prevent the oil from siphoning, during off cycles. And flooding the compressor during start up.
    Contractor locator map

Oh ya.. ...

Hey thanks, I really like this site, the common ground is nice because it's not a competitive market. What part of the country are you in ? has the economy hit your market ? just wondering.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast