Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Not with the condenser below the evap.

There is a trap requirement.

But, not like you think.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Just looked it up. According to a Copeland piping reference manual every ten feet to avoid liq or oil slugging which may remain in the evap. Also suggested the use of liq line solenoid.

OK, so.. ...

I appreciate the help, but in a sort it's open ended. I do not want to walk away from this one. I feel as if these people have been taken. They are asking for new equipment, I'm not a salesman (not in this case) I am a service man. I will reference the Copeland specs. and I would greatly appreciate the trap information that I am misled on. Thank you , overscore23

Long line set applications like this.

Its better to call the unit manufacturer.

They are the ones that have to honor the warranty(or will void it) after the compressor manufacturers 18 month warranty expires(36 months I think if its a 10 year comp warranty).

On special piping applications(this one qualifies) its best to draw a diagarm and fax, or email it to the manufacturer(fax is better, then you get the engineers signiture on it when they fax it back). And go by their recomendation.(Remember, if you don't have the name of who approved it, then it was never approveded).

That way, you have proof, that you followed their recomendations.(keeps warranty in tact)

Trapping an over sized vapor line, can cause more harm then it prevents.
    Contractor locator map

what's a few comps between friends.

Hey thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by overscore23 View Post
    I appreciate the help, but in a sort it's open ended. I do not want to walk away from this one. I feel as if these people have been taken. They are asking for new equipment, I'm not a salesman (not in this case) I am a service man. I will reference the Copeland specs. and I would greatly appreciate the trap information that I am misled on. Thank you , overscore23
    FYI I think that with that length of line set I would call the factory too.

Sure seems like a prob waiting to happen. Hope you are using an adjustable TXV.

lots of the units are fixed TXVs and i am not so sure that they will give the proper SH at that length.

Quote Originally Posted by hvaclover View Post
    what's a few comps between friends.
    LOL...

Yea, there cheap.
    Contractor locator map

Nordyne is going to love that call, but I'll do it. I do feel more secure with a signature of a engineer backing whatever plan I go with. Thanks I appreciate your time.

Have mod numbers available, and line sizes.
    They may also want to know type of Metering device.
    Contractor locator map

Ok, thanks so what part of the country are you in ? I guess you guys get all areas and walks of life right ? I only ask because I am wondering how the economy has effected your area, I have a brother in law in Texas says work is so plentiful it's like they never new anything about recession depression mumbo jumbo, not in Missouri, it's a little rough, how bout your self ?

Quote Originally Posted by overscore23 View Post
    Nordyne is going to love that call, but I'll do it. I do feel more secure with a signature of a engineer backing whatever plan I go with. Thanks I appreciate your time.
    Nordyne? You are going to need an adjustable TXV for sure. But they have a very good and responsive tech assistance dept. just make sure as was mentioned earlier you get it in writing.
    This definitely goes beyond the normal parameters of the install instructions.

Is the heat pump located 130' above the indoor coil? I have not seen line sizing charts yet for R410. It seems to me that if the vetical is a suction riser that there should be a trap every 20'. Also tonage may have needed correction due to line losses.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast