Removed a older Weil McLain 578 steam boiler and installed a brand new (within the past two weeks) Weil McLain 580 steam boiler... Ran HERCULES Scout in the boiler for 2 weeks and now its been drained out, skimmed and refilled with domestic water only (no water additives)... New automatic water feeder and new low water cut-off.... Based on the digital read out of the automatic water feeder, EVERY DAY the system uses 20 gallons of water. No Hardford loop but a automatic condensate pump. The steam traps in the boiler room seem to be working properly.

This boiler is a two zone steam boiler. The first zone is controlled by 3'' piping, a Belimo Valve and 24 volt actuator heating a 750 sq.ft. steam radiator cottage on the right side of the dwelling. The second zone is larger, using 4" piping, 4'' Belimo valve and 24 volt actuator that handles seven attached single story steam heated garages in the center, and a second 750 square foot cottage is on the left of the dwelling. The new boiler was pressure tested for 24 hours at 50 lbs. of pressure, showing no leaks. There is no visible signs of water on the boiler floor or under the boiler. There is no smell of steam leaking in the boiler room. There is no underground Piping....

Am I looking for a problem that may not exist at all or am I not seeing the problem in front of my eyes... Is there a way to diagnose this problem.... ALL HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.....Thanks for your time.....Frank S