Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: bluvac

Pull the vacuum, isolate the system with the core tools, remove the vacuum hoses, purge the refrigerant hoses, install them on the core tools and weigh the gas into the system as usual. After you are finished put the core back in purging the core port with the system gas (a fraction of an ounce) and then start the system. I never pull through a manifold. There are too many leaks. I always use vacuum rated core tools and hoses, even on a window unit.

Name:  vacuum.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  69.8 KB
    JLB,

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyac1 View Post
    maybe you can answer my next question? im gonna pick up the evacuation kit from trutechtools. lets say on a reach in cooler/ice machines when you have to weigh in the charge and be as accurate as possible. i guess i can hook up the 2 appion core removal tools pull vacuum 500 microns or lower, valve off the core tools wait to make sure it holds. hook up my gages pull a vacuum on my hoses and manifols while the core tools are still closed then i can weigh in the charge. once i take my gages back off i would have to slide the cores back in. but with all that hooking up and taking off and purging it will screw up the charge im sure. or on something so small you just pull it through your maniflold and hoses. can i hear your answer or how you do it?????
    That's exactly how I'd do it.

I would add that, once I'm done with the initial charging, I'd re-install the cores, re-connect my gauges to the service ports, double check the charge by SH/SC and then seal the system back up.

Is this normal? - My bluevac "wiggles" a lot.

Meaning I can grasp the metal hex fitting on the bottom with one hand, and the plastic head with my other hand, and there is very noticeable play between the two. More concerning, is the fact that the micron reading will change when I do this.

I've had mine a few months, but lately it seems like I'm not getting a good vacuum as easily as I used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared Fetter View Post
    Is this normal? - My bluevac "wiggles" a lot.

Meaning I can grasp the metal hex fitting on the bottom with one hand, and the plastic head with my other hand, and there is very noticeable play between the two. More concerning, is the fact that the micron reading will change when I do this.

I've had mine a few months, but lately it seems like I'm not getting a good vacuum as easily as I used to.
    Hi, Jared.

It sounds like you have been putting excessive torsion on the plastic body of the BluVac when connecting/disconnecting the gauge. Over time, this will cause the plastic to stress and wear, causing the play you are seeing. No torque should be applied to the plastic. If you need to tighten excessively, you should use a 3/4" wrench to grab the nut portion of the sensor while tightening. If you think it is so loose now as to cause a problem, go to my website (www.accutools.com) and contact me. I'll arrange to fix it up for you.

Unlike other micron gauges, there is *no* change in performance over time that cannot be cured by a quick recalibration (see the manual). Once recalibrated, the gauge will perform *exactly* as the day it left the factory.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyd View Post
    Hi, Jared.

It sounds like you have been putting excessive torsion on the plastic body of the BluVac when connecting/disconnecting the gauge. Over time, this will cause the plastic to stress and wear, causing the play you are seeing. No torque should be applied to the plastic. If you need to tighten excessively, you should use a 3/4" wrench to grab the nut portion of the sensor while tightening. If you think it is so loose now as to cause a problem, go to my website (www.accutools.com) and contact me. I'll arrange to fix it up for you.

Unlike other micron gauges, there is *no* change in performance over time that cannot be cured by a quick recalibration (see the manual). Once recalibrated, the gauge will perform *exactly* as the day it left the factory.
    Joey,

I (think) I've been pretty gentle using it, so maybe it's fine and the problem is just in my head. I'll look into it again soon and if it still seem abnormal, I'll contact you.

Thanks for the reply

I've been considering buying one, and I am pretty good with taking care of my tools. I'm not so sure I can have a tool that needs to be carried on a feather pillow

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by ORV View Post
    I've been considering buying one, and I am pretty good with taking care of my tools. I'm not so sure I can have a tool that needs to be carried on a feather pillow

well pal, if you dont buy the bluevac then you are not a real tech, remember in order to be a real tech you need, digicools,veto bags and bluevac, also remember to buy all the future upgrades cause if you dont then you'll loose your "real tech" title

Quote Originally Posted by ORV View Post

Get one - You'll be fine.

I thought I was having an issue with my Bluvac. microns not climbing after breaking vacuum with refr. I sent JoeyD an email message around 10am Saturday morning. By noon, my phone was ringing......i was amazed that a company would take the time on a weekend to return a tech support call. (a holiday weekend even)

I have loved my bluvac from day one. well, ok, so i was a little irritated that I had to buy new core tools, and hoses.....but anyway, I've loved my bluvac since day one, and would recommend it to anyone. After having experienced their support of the product, I love it even more.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12