XL5000 Integration

Have a XCL8010 with panel modules, that is controlling an AHU, humidifier, and 5 reheats. They are only start/stopping the AHU and sending a current signal to the humidifier with it. So the only real programming in it is for the reheats. They do monitor room pressures, temperature, and humidity with it. Customer what's to bring system into exisiting AX system. The original idea was to bring the XCL in with Lon. I already added a Lon card to the humidier and the AHU is getting a BACnet Ethernet card. But I was talking the engineer today and he wants the XCL gone. So I was talking to project manager and he tells me, we can pull the XCL, tie the panel modules in with Lon, and write our own programming. I would really just like to rip it all out and install some EasyIO controllers, that way I can pretty much copy another system in the building that is almost identical.

Any thoughts......I'm not familiar with the XL5000 line and can only rely on my other co-workers.

Hi,

Lon Network Variable are set in the xl800 controller?
    If not you have to use a AX C-bus driver and keep all the Honeywell part!!!

It's stupid to don't use the big XCL8010 capacity....

JB

Quote Originally Posted by starjuice View Post
    Hi,

Lon Network Variable are set in the xl800 controller? No clue, yet. Haven't done anything with it. We are still in the talking and planning stages.
    If not you have to use a AX C-bus driver and keep all the Honeywell part!!!

It's stupid to don't use the big XCL8010 capacity....

JB
    I do know the XCL8010 is a nice controller, but we do not have the original project files. We do have Care, I just don't have any experience with it. We do have a guy that does.

I do know there is some issues. Again, not sure if it programming or hardware.

I'm just trying to figure out our best approach. There really isn't much on the controller and I have another system onsite that is almost identical, that we built. It was done with a Bacnet TCP/IP card in the AHU and we control the rooms with a couple of EasyIO controllers.

I was doing some research and saw a Neopsis product that looks nice, but again we are relying on the original programming.

XL5000 Integration.

If you intend to reuse the I.O cards then you will have to make sure that they are not the 'Panel Bus' type.
    By that I mean the part number will be something like XFL82*P.
    Another way to see what type they are is to check if the rotary switch on XS82* base the has been set to a unique number. If so then they are panel bus and you wont be able to bind them on the LON bus.

I dont know of a way to convert them to open LON card types if they are so you will have to factor in the price of the LON variety card. They will fit into the old bases though.

Keith

Quote Originally Posted by ascj View Post
    I do know the XCL8010 is a nice controller, but we do not have the original project files. We do have Care, I just don't have any experience with it. We do have a guy that does.

I do know there is some issues. Again, not sure if it programming or hardware.

I'm just trying to figure out our best approach. There really isn't much on the controller and I have another system onsite that is almost identical, that we built. It was done with a Bacnet TCP/IP card in the AHU and we control the rooms with a couple of EasyIO controllers.

I was doing some research and saw a Neopsis product that looks nice, but again we are relying on the original programming.

Hello,

Sorry for my late answer...

I was the technical support for CentraLine By Honeywell and Honeywell OEM in France.
    The better way is to use the "Honeywell C-Bus Driver" and not the Neopsys driver that I know.
    With the honeywell driver, you are able to have an access to ALL things in the controller and the most of part controllers( like Zone Manager, etc...) in the Hawk (parameters, Alarm, pseudo and physical points ...).
    No engeniering need to be done on the Honeywell controller. Just on the JACE or Hawk (If you buy it in the Centraline chanel).
    I have my own company right now and I'm the official seller of this products in France.

Centraline By Honeywell is only distributed in Europe. But if I can help you to have access to this product.
    It will be with pleasure.

Best regards
    JB