Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151619 ... LastLast
Results 105 to 117 of 251
  1. #105
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    I'm an old cowhand from the Rio Grande
    Posts
    17,089
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    The NRA is telling us that they have been getting more than 8,000 new members a day since the shooting.
    Oh I have no doubt the NRA is telling you any number of things.

  2. #106
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    I'm an old cowhand from the Rio Grande
    Posts
    17,089
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    That a law-abiding woman who owned a gun was killed by her maniac son?



    This is justification for gun control?
    Who dat said dat? Not me.

    The point was that had there been a ban on semis and hi cap clips Adam Lanza's mother would not have had these deadly weapons, therefore he could not have used these weapons to kill the chikdren and adults.

  3. #107
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    I'm an old cowhand from the Rio Grande
    Posts
    17,089
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan1088 View Post
    How can their motives be truly be found since all but one were killed or committed suicide?
    We will never know with complete assurance the motivation/s that drove Lanza to commit these shootings but we can study his past actions, psychological symptoms, comparisons to other similar events, testimony by family, friends, and others who knew Adam. Using these clues, it is possible to approximate motivation with a reasonable level of confidence.

  4. #108
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    I'm an old cowhand from the Rio Grande
    Posts
    17,089
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    If you were listening to the news, rather than flapping your mouth... you would have heard (repeatedly) the NRA chose to not respond for a week because of the pain the survivors felt. They acted a lot more professionally than most of the media did.
    Yes, that is the NRA line handed out after careful, prolonged consultation with their PR flacks and crisis managers.

    We expect that someone who considers pass-along e-mails as gospel is certainly capable of or gulllible enough to swallow an ocean of NRA bilge.

  5. #109
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    17,887
    Quote Originally Posted by geerair View Post
    Yes, that is the NRA line handed out after careful, prolonged consultation with their PR flacks and crisis managers.

    We expect that someone who considers pass-along e-mails as gospel is certainly capable of or gulllible enough to swallow an ocean of NRA bilge.
    Ha!...listen to you. After hearing what you say, I have decided that I am in favor of abortion in cases of incest.
    " Kill a Commie for Mommy! "

    - Colonel David Hackworth (1930-2005), Korean War Vet

  6. #110
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,265
    Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Ha!...listen to you. After hearing what you say, I have decided that I am in favor of abortion in cases of incest.
    What does it take to get a conserv banned here?

    Thats ok we all know who are allowed certain personal attack comments and who are not here.

  7. #111
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    I'm an old cowhand from the Rio Grande
    Posts
    17,089
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    You guys who understand what truth is... need to remember something: GeerAir is here for sport only... he does not care about the issues.
    Well hell, this is such a target-rich environment that one can't resist the temptation to skewer the buffoons that infest this area. I've got to admit though that it probably isn't sporting to aim at such an intellectually helpless, credibilty challenged, pontificating, excuse-making target as Gahvactech.




    IMO Geer is one of those folks who would disarm the public
    I possibly could be persuaded to allow you a peashooter.



    while having a posse of bodygaurds with Uzi's... and think nothing of the blatant hypocrisy.
    My people carry only the finest in American made weaponry.

    It is people like you who buy foreign made goods who are causing the decline of American manufacturing.



    His record here is clear to folks who have been around for a while.
    A record which has in fact celebrates 12 years of exsistence this very month newbie.

    A record, I am proud to say, that has never included cowering behind the intellectual copout known as the ignore button.

  8. #112
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,372
    I just watched the NRA News Conference. What an idiot, he’s not doing the NRA any favors. And, it’s no wonder why he wouldn’t take any questions afterwards…he would have been ripped to shreds.

    He did what any coward would do - reads his teleprompter then runs out the back door.

  9. #113
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    I'm an old cowhand from the Rio Grande
    Posts
    17,089
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    We cannot PROVE a definite causative, but the statistics point to the fact that they ARE indeed choosing Gun Free Zones for their shootings for the reason that they won't encounter resistance there.
    In the cases of Columbine and Virginia Tech the shooters were students at these schools and there were aarmed guards on campus. In the case of Newtown, the shooter was a former student. FBI profilers cite several factors for mass-shootings none of them include gun Free Zones.

    The gun free zones rationalization is a NRA concoction lacking any supporting evidence.



    If it weren't so, we would expect to see a more random distribution of shooting sites.

    It's only logical.
    It is only logical if one ignores all other possible variables.

  10. #114
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    I'm an old cowhand from the Rio Grande
    Posts
    17,089
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    How about this?


    When Adam Lanza was denied the sale of a firearm by the NICS check, why wasn't he arrested?
    what crine had he committed?

    Why weren't his motives for attempting to purchase a gun questioned?
    Indeed. Perhaps the current law doen't require this.

    No, he was denied and he walked away clean.
    Seems an elegant argument for strenghening or at least examining the current law. Possibly more effective laws are called for.

    [/quote]ENFORCEMENT of the laws that we have will do more than any new laws could possibly do.[/QUOTE]Perhaps more effective laws woukd be the best solution.

    As supporting evidence we van cite the New york ban which kept deadly weapons out of Adam Lanza's hands.

  11. #115
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    I'm an old cowhand from the Rio Grande
    Posts
    17,089
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtime View Post
    Securing guns around goofy kids seems like a good idea to me.
    A simple and effective idea.

    To the NRA and its parrots, it is an intolerable trampling of their rights.

  12. #116
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    I'm an old cowhand from the Rio Grande
    Posts
    17,089
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    How could she have prevented Adam Lanza from accessing her firearms after her death, Brian?
    This makes no sense.

  13. #117
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    I'm an old cowhand from the Rio Grande
    Posts
    17,089
    Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Ha!...listen to you. After hearing what you say, I have decided that I am in favor of abortion in cases of incest.
    So you now support the pro-choice view.

    A win for us.

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151619 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event