Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141518 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    I haven’t listened to their announcement but I haven’t heard them make any statements that the mother should not have had those types of weapons in the house (unsecured). If they did say it their base would interpret that is a type of gun control…which they will no part of. For that they have lost all credibility with me.
    So if the weapons are secured... then the kid uses a knife from the kitchen. Then if all the knives are secured, he uses a baseball bat. Then if all the baseball bats are secured... he uses a scrap 2x4... You think we can secure all the scrap 2x4's?

Brian... you need to repeat after me: The gun is not the issue... the issue is the person. Now repeat that to yourself about a hundred times until it sinks in. Then you will understand.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Not all half crazy people can be locked up. Also we don't know who has the capability to do such a crime nor should we do Monday morning quarterbacking with him.

The NRA had a week to gather their thoughts before addressing the country. What you say is self evident in regards to the instability of that kid. Question: If the NRA neglected to mention how the mother should have kept guns from his access are they intentionally withholding good advice and should answer and be held accountable for these omissions?

I haven’t listened to their statement but intend to.
    Brian, you really need to stop listening to BS-NBC and clear your head. Seems after a LONG conversation on ARP, you get your thinking straightened out... then you come back later or the next day all fired up with that liberal sh*t. I do not know where you are getting it... however IMO a wise person would self-examine and determine if what they are hearing is causing more emotional than rational reactions.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    So if the weapons are secured... then the kid uses a knife from the kitchen. Then if all the knives are secured, he uses a baseball bat. Then if all the baseball bats are secured... he uses a scrap 2x4... You think we can secure all the scrap 2x4's?

Brian... you need to repeat after me: The gun is not the issue... the issue is the person. Now repeat that to yourself about a hundred times until it sinks in. Then you will understand.
    Securing guns around goofy kids seems like a good idea to me.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    How about this?

When Adam Lanza was denied the sale of a firearm by the NICS check, why wasn't he arrested?

Why weren't his motives for attempting to purchase a gun questioned?

No, he was denied and he walked away clean.

ENFORCEMENT of the laws that we have will do more than any new laws could possibly do.
    agreed. maybe this could have been prevented if that happened. too late to find for sure now.

Not all half crazy people can be locked up. Also we don't know who has the capability to do such a crime nor should we do Monday morning quarterbacking with him.

The NRA had a week to gather their thoughts before addressing the country. What you say is self evident in regards to the instability of that kid. Question: If the NRA neglected to mention how the mother should have kept guns from his access are they intentionally withholding good advice and should answer and be held accountable for these omissions?

I haven’t listened to their statement but intend to.

How could she have prevented Adam Lanza from accessing her firearms after her death, Brian?

Quote Originally Posted by clifpaul View Post
    agreed. maybe this could have been prevented if that happened. too late to find for sure now.
    Funny how this was ignored by the gun controller guys...

Yeah. Most counter guys at gun stores I've been in are armed so it wouldn't have been too difficult to keep him from leaving after he flunked his NICS background check.

Unless the counter person has the authority (read....peace officer or similar) they cannot legally detain the person. And pulling a weapon on someone to detain them in that circumstance.... well, say goodbye to your right to carry.

The only option to detain them would be to place them under citizens arrest....without the use of a gun. And, the arrestor better not have a gun on them or the arrestee can claim intimidation because of the firearm....equals law suit. Not sure exactly how that works, a citizens arrest, and certainly varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Think about this, If Adam Lanza had not killed himself and was a ward of the state, he would not be held accountable for his actions. This is how our nutter system works.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    Unless the counter person has the authority (read....peace officer or similar) they cannot legally detain the person. And pulling a weapon on someone to detain them in that circumstance.... well, say goodbye to your right to carry.

The only option to detain them would be to place them under citizens arrest....without the use of a gun. And, the arrestor better not have a gun on them or the arrestee can claim intimidation because of the firearm....equals law suit. Not sure exactly how that works, a citizens arrest, and certainly varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction.
    True. All of them I've talked to are in fact off duty cops and they usually have both their gun and their badge showing.

Quote Originally Posted by bigtime View Post
    Securing guns around goofy kids seems like a good idea to me.
    Not to the NRA and many here. That is 'gun control' to them.

I see this as similar to when OJ walked out of the courtroom a free man. 75% of the Blacks cheered for his acquittal. They won on the surface but lost on public opinion.

Naturally the NRA wins to its members but looses to the rest of the nation…making its member’s opinions more and more irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    More NRA BS, comparing someone coming at you with a 2 x 4 to a person with a .223. Try thinking on your feet instead of repeating other people’s BS.

The same crime happened in China the same day using a knife. Everyone survived.

Not to the NRA and many here. That is 'gun control' to them.

I see this as similar to when OJ walked out of the courtroom a free man. 75% of the Blacks cheered for his acquittal. They won on the surface but lost on public opinion.

Naturally the NRA wins to its members but looses to the rest of the nation…making its member’s opinions more and more irrelevant.
    Show me where the NRA publishes this view...

OJ walking has to do with lawyers getting him off... not anything else.

News flash... Last weekend there was a gun show in the area... literally a line of over 1000 folks waiting to get in... place was PACKED. Seems a lot of folks have a 'public opinion' of protecting themselves, and choose to use a firearm to do so.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141518 ... LastLast