Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131417 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    If guns kill people, then all of mine are defective.
    Proof that sound bytes area all it takes to convince someone of something.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    The NRA could publicly recommend that that mother should not have owned guns with an unstable, mentally deranged son in the house. But the NRA will seldom discourage gun sales.

Gun control is not the answer, gun education is…starting with rewriting the stupid slogan that “guns don’t kill.”

If intent to kill is more of a threat than the possession of a gun then why don’t the police agree? Why do police respond in more force when someone is peacefully walking down the street with an AR-15 than when someone is walking down the street shouting “I am going to kill someone” but does not have a gun?
    I hate to have to call this out... however: The first paragraph and second paragraph of your post disagree with each other... would be nice to know which side of the fence you are on...

I wonder if the police would rather not show up at a gunfight... so they will live to go home to their families... ever consider that?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Galatians 2:20-21; Colossians 1: 21-22 & 26-27; 3:1-4; Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service.

Your steadfast insistence that somehow gun possession is the problem is proof that some people are incapable of rational thought.

This thread proves that those who repeat NRA slogans and mindset are incapable of solving this problem. The heads of the NRA should have been forced to walk through that classroom and come back to tell us that gun possession had nothing to do it.
    This thread does not prove anything other than the anti-gun folks are not communicating from a position of common sense.

And now I have a question for you: What do you have against the NRA? You really are down on them...

And where do we get the idea the govt is gonna force someone to do this or that... show me the law where that is legal... And while you are at it... please explain how that would be in line with the Constitution.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

This definitely goes both ways... only common sense is on the conservative, that is pro-gun, side.

What I hear the libs rattling (parroting) is media half-truths. I was reading in 'The Week' a few days ago... they mentioned the mall shooting in Oregon... and predictable they did NOT mention a CCW person stopped it. They only said the shooter turned the gun on himself... with no explanation of why.

Ya gotta know the WHOLE story before making an opinion... same as the Treyvon/Zimmerman thing... We do NOT know all the facts... and as such we are literally p*ssing into the wind if we think we have an answer or a solution.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    This thread does not prove anything other than the anti-gun folks are not communicating from a position of common sense.

And now I have a question for you: What do you have against the NRA? You really are down on them...

And where do we get the idea the govt is gonna force someone to do this or that... show me the law where that is legal... And while you are at it... please explain how that would be in line with the Constitution.
    It is a mentality.

That the NRA speaks from a position of the constitutionality of and lack of logic of gun control, while most others react emotionally and illogically to the same thing disturbs some people, Particularly those who react emotionally.

As far as forcing someone to do something.... It is, to me, telling that the ones that want to restrict the rights of others are also the ones who want to FORCE others to do things.

Hmmm.

Why do police respond in more force when someone is peacefully walking down the street with an AR-15 than when someone is walking down the street shouting “I am going to kill someone” but does not have a gun?
    So if you are out on a no ac call and you don't have the right part/tool/whatever, no one gets hurt. Police show up under prepared/under armed you get the west Hollywood shoot out. Do you remember that fiasco?

Quote Originally Posted by ryan1088 View Post
    So if you are out on a no ac call and you don't have the right part/tool/whatever, no one gets hurt. Police show up under prepared/under armed you get the west Hollywood shoot out. Do you remember that fiasco?
    May also have something to do with IGNORANT people who do not know or understand firearms calling in and stating "there's a madman with a MACHINE GUN walking down the street"

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    What do you have against the NRA?
    I haven’t listened to their announcement but I haven’t heard them make any statements that the mother should not have had those types of weapons in the house (unsecured). If they did say it their base would interpret that is a type of gun control…which they will no part of. For that they have lost all credibility with me.

If you have kids in the house or people who might want to take or use your guns....... you should keep them locked up.

Thats just common sense and Im sure the NRA would probably acknowledge that...

In the case of adam lanza.......its the kid who should have been kept locked up..... when you have some bat*hit crazy kid walking around..... its a given that one day he is going to be trouble.

Nip it in the bud......
    As Seen On You Tube (usually under someone elses name)

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    If you have kids in the house or people who might want to take or use your guns....... you should keep them locked up.

In the case of adam lanza.......its the kid who should have been kept locked up..... when you have some bat*hit crazy kid walking around..... its a given that one day he is going to be trouble.

Nip it in the bud......

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post

Nip it in the bud......
    ABSO-*******-LUTELY correct.

Adam lanza was a nut job that should not have been walking around a free man.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    ABSO-*******-LUTELY correct.

Adam lanza was a nut job that should not have been walking around a free man.
    Not all half crazy people can be locked up. Also we don't know who has the capability to do such a crime nor should we do Monday morning quarterbacking with him.

The NRA had a week to gather their thoughts before addressing the country. What you say is self evident in regards to the instability of that kid. Question: If the NRA neglected to mention how the mother should have kept guns from his access are they intentionally withholding good advice and should answer and be held accountable for these omissions?

I haven’t listened to their statement but intend to.

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131417 ... LastLast