Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Why is it other countries can live less armed than America?
    Well, American deer are really, really hard to bring down with less than a semi-auto assault rifle with multiple 50 round magazines and there is a black Democrat in the Whitehouse.

Quote Originally Posted by geerair View Post
    To the rabid gun afficionado it means I have the right to hunt deer with an anti-tank gun and an unlimited supply of rounds.
    Where is hunting mentioned in the second amendment, Geer?

Why is it other countries can live less armed than America?
    because for centuries those countries revolved around a Kingdom with serf's/servants. They revolved around being oppressed. It is there "normal"

America doesn't suffer from that particular affliction. We are proud and we are independent.

DON'T like it, tough. STFU and stay out of it. You have no dog in this fight
    LOVE has four letters

So does BEER, DEER,GUNS AND FISH

Quote Originally Posted by geerair View Post
    Well, American deer are really, really hard to bring down with less than a semi-auto assault rifle with multiple 50 round magazines and there is a black Democrat in the Whitehouse.
    or, you have no idea what your talking about. Like so many left wing Bat crazies your implication is hunters are simply out there to kill something for the fun of it.

When in actuality its the Hunters/conservationists that do more to protect the environment the any of you tree hugging Nazi's
    LOVE has four letters

So does BEER, DEER,GUNS AND FISH

Quote Originally Posted by wolfstrike View Post
    did you see the comment from NRA president LaPierre?

a critical time in our history and the dumb ass makes a statement that violence in society is because of video games.
    the left-wing is going to tear him up now.

the modern American public doesn't have the insight to over come this highly organized assault on rights.
    That's really unfortunate that the finger would point towards video games. I've played them starting with wolfenstein and duke nukem, and I'm clearly not a violent psychopath. All of my buddies did and they are not. I would entertain the issue that if in hands of the wrong people would not be good.

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    because for centuries those countries revolved around a Kingdom with serf's/servants. They revolved around being oppressed. It is there "normal"

America doesn't suffer from that particular affliction. We are proud and we are independent.

DON'T like it, tough. STFU and stay out of it. You have no dog in this fight
    Hmm.. ... funny our two countries have a common lineage. I could say the difference comes from our French, but since a bunch of them decided to move down south to New Orleans area that can not be it.

'STFU and stay out of it'? Well that is not very nice is it? It is not like anything posted in this forum is going to have any effect on the path your country takes in the future.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

The Police in Rochester stations a cop at all the high schools. Because of this the reaction time to an "incident" is stunningly fast.
    This is nice but what protection do you expect after your previous statement :
    "The police HAVE NO DUTY TO PROTECT YOU."

It is not like anything posted in this forum is going to have any effect on the path your country takes in the future.
    But it will make posters fill good about themselves and their believes and give them sense of superiority over “losers “ having a different opinion on issues discussed on this forum.

These crazy guys aren’t afraid of a cop. What can a cop do, shoot them. They are going to shoot themselves afterwards anyway. Besides if that guy got the draw on a cop a 0.223 vs a bullet proof vest, I say the cop is down for the count.

Blame #1 is the mother.

Blame #2 is how crazy people can own weapons like these and be trusted with them.

But the NRA is all about more guns, never less. More guns mean more members, more money and more influence.

Quote Originally Posted by sigma View Post
    This is nice but what protection do you expect after your previous statement :
    "The police HAVE NO DUTY TO PROTECT YOU."
    The police do have a duty to protect it as it is there job...and I suppose they are sworn in to uphold and protect...

BUT.... They dont have a "constitutional" duty to protect you..... people tend to leave that out when they pass on that "no duty to protect you" email spam bs....

Cops are gonna do their best... they are human and are going to do their job...... unless you are a minority......and then they are probably just going to kill you.....lol

Maybe if some of these spree killers, child murderers and other psychopaths running around the country were minorities instead of wasps..... we wouldnt be having such a problem eradicating our streets of them.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

We have cops in our county schools and Im almost sure the city has them too..... usually off duty cops working as a second time job.

Had one kill a guy at a high school a while back when this guy came in to kill the principal for firing his brother...or getting his brother fired.

Good concept.... maybe have 2 on duty at all times.... many cops need the cash... and unlike a CCW person who might volunteer..... the cops are not going to be knocking children and teachers over to escape when the SHTF.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Where is hunting mentioned in the second amendment, Geer?
    Nowhere that I know.

However, the Supreme Court has consistently interpreted and ruled that the second amendment gives Federal, State and Municipal authorities the power to regulate firearms.

As such, governments at all levels have the authority to decide if the ownership of certain weapons and accessories is in the best interests of public safety.

As we all know, rights conferred by the constitution are not absolute and are subject to regulation and the best interests of the citizenry.

Deer hunting was merely a literary device and was in no way intended to be a literal situation but rather a stand-in for the larger point that public safety outweighs the desire to own weapons that have been involved in mass-murder.

or, you have no idea what your talking about. Like so many left wing Bat crazies your implication is hunters are simply out there to kill something for the fun of it.

When in actuality its the Hunters/conservationists that do more to protect the environment the any of you tree hugging Nazi's
    See post #25

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast