Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 25678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    really this guy comes on here criticizing Nancy Lanza for having firearms in the home without the slightest idea on what he's talking about.

he has NO KNOWLEDGE or understanding of what it's like to be around or to work with special needs kids. yet he has the balls to demean Nancy Lanza for trying to engage her child in a meaningful family activity

what lengths would you go to if YOU had a special needs child. he has NO RIGHT to talk about another parent unless he has been in there shoes.

But don't sit there and act or speak like your some kind of expert on the topic.

I sure as hell am not an expert, but I have had experience with special needs kids. i will not tolerate this kind of stupid bashing by anyone. These kids need and deserve a chance to live as normal a life as possible with whatever help we can give them.

So bashing Nancy Lanza is what makes you feel good, ya STFU

All I asked you was to at least stop cursing other members and your response to me is STFU? Everyone has a right to their opinion around here without being cursed out or attacked by anyone else. I will not comment on this any more here.

really this guy comes on here criticizing Nancy Lanza for having firearms in the home without the slightest idea on what he's talking about.
    Do you think she knows her shortcomings or feels any responsibility now?

Though I feel compassion for the hardships she was dealt, I would say she has Christ-like clarity on it now and it isn’t very comforting. You can bet that she was in that classroom that day watching her son do that.

This is starting to get a little out of hand. I may not agree with everything said, but people do have have a right to have there own opinion. Merry Christmas everybody

Quote Originally Posted by newoldtech View Post
    All I asked you was to at least stop cursing other members and your response to me is STFU? Everyone has a right to their opinion around here without being cursed out or attacked by anyone else. I will not comment on this any more here.

my comment was not directed solely towards you.

everyone has a right to there opinion when they understand the problem.

if you/he/them have no clue what your talking about, then your opinion is meaningless.
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

I'm gonna close this for awhile to give you guys time to cool off (and possibly sober up) and reflect on some of your posts. Some of them are over the line and some apologies might be due.

I will reopen this tomorrow (Christmas Day) to see what happens.

Merry Christmas, everyone.

THX to the MOD staff for cooling the discussion... And lets enjoy the holidays while we have them.

Back on subject: MeThinks it is easy to say 'shoulda, coulda, woulda...' while looking back. However: IMO if one has not walked in someone else's shoes... do they really know?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

yet he has the balls to demean Nancy Lanza for trying to engage her child in a meaningful family activity
    “Come along my little nutbag son, I’m going to arm you to the teeth and teach you how to kill people just like on Modern Warfare. It’s a meaningful family activity.”

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Pure, unadulterated BULL butter, geer.

The Assault weapons ban '94-'04 did NOTHING to prevent the availability of these rifles.

HECK, I bought one during the AWB.

Pure stupidity to think otherwise.
    Apparently the AWB was so weak and rife with loopholes that irt was indeed ineffective.

That people were able to buy AW during the ban elegantly demonstrates that a stong and loophole-free law is desperately required.

before they pass laws on firearms, they should pass laws for people like you....who's unbridled ignorance can be more dangerous to society than any gun.
    " Kill a Commie for Mommy! "

- Colonel David Hackworth (1930-2005), Korean War Vet

Under the law of MY state, and federal law, I believe, it is "unlawful to possess, use, control, manufacture" any firearm if you are prohibited from doing so.

Since he was denied the sale on NICS check, it would stand to reason that he belongs to one of those prohibited categories.

Therefore, the mere act of picking up a firearm makes that person a felon.

Very few firearms sales I've seen happen have NOT involved picking up and holding the gun to be purchased.
    If true, why would NICS offer an appeals process?

As I said, ENFORCE the laws rather than making new ones.
    As you yourself have demonstrated the law was so weak that you were able to buy an AW during the ban. that would argue that enforcement is not the problem but rather the weakness of the law was.

Let me clarify for you, since you're apparently not hearing me.

Once Mrs. Lanza was dead, there was no way for her to prevent her son, Adam from obtaining the firearms that he wanted to commit his murders.

Ya know, being dead and all prevents one from taking action.
    True but then that was not what I postulated.

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Funny you have the nerve to even talk to me with your Marxist beliefs. One who supports the alien anti American Marxist Obama. Your constantly on here 24/7 arguing with other good conservatives stating and restating your leftest beliefs as if you were trying to convert some real Americans to your far left cause.
    We don't buy that anti American crap. We believe in independence,freedom and self reliance and not some Marxist commie welfare state like you and your Marxist hero Obama push for. The sooner you understand that the better.

I never respond to your leftest posts for good reason because I don't want to get into trouble telling you what I really think about you and your kind. I again ask you to do the same. I have no desire to converse with you and only do so when you feel compelled to attack me on this forum. Thank you, thank you very much
    Glenn, this HVAC Talk not the John Birch Society. I believe you hit the wrong button in your favorites file.

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 25678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast