Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Where is hunting mentioned in the second amendment, Geer?
    Nowhere that I know.

However, the Supreme Court has consistently interpreted and ruled that the second amendment gives Federal, State and Municipal authorities the power to regulate firearms.

As such, governments at all levels have the authority to decide if the ownership of certain weapons and accessories is in the best interests of public safety.

As we all know, rights conferred by the constitution are not absolute and are subject to regulation and the best interests of the citizenry.

Deer hunting was merely a literary device and was in no way intended to be a literal situation but rather a stand-in for the larger point that public safety outweighs the desire to own weapons that have been involved in mass-murder.

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    The police do have a duty to protect it as it is there job...and I suppose they are sworn in to uphold and protect...

BUT.... They dont have a "constitutional" duty to protect you..... people tend to leave that out when they pass on that "no duty to protect you" email spam bs....

Cops are gonna do their best... they are human and are going to do their job...... unless you are a minority......and then they are probably just going to kill you.....lol

Maybe if some of these spree killers, child murderers and other psychopaths running around the country were minorities instead of wasps..... we wouldnt be having such a problem eradicating our streets of them.
    The police do not have a duty to protect you. I am a California police academy graduate, class of 89. We were told over and over that our number one concern was to go home safe to our families each day. We were taught legal cases and especially Supreme Court decisions regarding police powers. There is case law clearly stating that the police have absolutely no obligation to protect you. People have filed suits against police departments and states regarding that very thing. The court always rules against the one filing the claim against the police for failing to protect them.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    These crazy guys aren’t afraid of a cop. What can a cop do, shoot them. They are going to shoot themselves afterwards anyway. Besides if that guy got the draw on a cop a 0.223 vs a bullet proof vest, I say the cop is down for the count.

Blame #1 is the mother.

Blame #2 is how crazy people can own weapons like these and be trusted with them.

But the NRA is all about more guns, never less. More guns mean more members, more money and more influence.
    NO gun has ever killed anyone other than in the hands of someone using it.

And NO society has EVER managed to empty their numbers of crazies... NONE.

So to disarm the folks who want to protect others....just does not make any common sense.

Ahhhh, common sense... something liberals are lacking of... IMO by choice.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    The police do not have a duty to protect you. I am a California police academy graduate, class of 89. We were told over and over that our number one concern was to go home safe to our families each day. We were taught legal cases and especially Supreme Court decisions regarding police powers. There is case law clearly stating that the police have absolutely no obligation to protect you. People have filed suits against police departments and states regarding that very thing. The court always rules against the one filing the claim against the police for failing to protect them.
    I wonder how many folks know this... I would venture a very small % of the population. My gut says most folks think a cop would die to protect others... Wish folks knew the truth... they may be more motivated to protct themselves.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    The downfall of our entire society is the lack of caring and disciplining parents, the absence of religion, and the funny notion that everybody should be equal.

X2

lack of human interaction leads to the desensitization of people to the consequences of their actions.

there ARE winners and losers in the real world!!!!

there is no reset in the real world.

you are their parent NOT their friend!!!
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

In other words, you simply do not understand the words "shall not be infringed". You are unable to understand something so clearly stated as that. You and quite a number of liberals including some sitting on the supreme court.

In other words, you simply do not understand the words "shall not be infringed". You are unable to understand something so clearly stated as that. You and quite a number of liberals including some sitting on the supreme court.
    Call me a conspiracy nut if you want... however:

I think there is nothing about not understanding... I think it is intentionally trying to dis-arm the public so a few elitists can do as they please. History is literally rife with stories of this attitude... there is no reason I can find why we would not have the same attitude present today.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by sigma View Post
    This is nice but what protection do you expect after your previous statement :
    "The police HAVE NO DUTY TO PROTECT YOU."
    as stated, they have no duty to protect you, however that does not mean they will not make every effort to come to your assistance.

There are only a certain number of cops available, if they are all busy helping everyone else when you call, your going to have to wait. So you better figure out what your going to do while a bad guy is walking through your home and your having a nice conversation with a 911 operator.
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

You are always going to be your own first responder! So, you ought to figure out how you are going to respond before help arrives. And, help may be a long way off. A gun is a tool. It is always nice to have the right tool for the job at hand and have some skill with that tool.

The police do not have a duty to protect you.
    Technically true but police do have a duty to enforce the law.

This to protect thing seems to be all the rage for the NRA and its parrots and is nothing more than an attempt to mislead.

It is also a grave insult to the multitude of police officers who have given their lives protecting citizens.

Given that the police have a duty to enforce the law, Eric Holder should be fired. He both breaks the law and refuses to enforce some other laws. The NRA does not represent me! I have many disagreements with the NRA. The NRA is too weak and also fails to follow the Second Amendment.

Quote Originally Posted by geerair View Post
    Nowhere that I know.

However, the Supreme Court has consistently interpreted and ruled that the second amendment gives Federal, State and Municipal authorities the power to regulate firearms.

As such, governments at all levels have the authority to decide if the ownership of certain weapons and accessories is in the best interests of public safety.

As we all know, rights conferred by the constitution are not absolute and are subject to regulation and the best interests of the citizenry.

Deer hunting was merely a literary device and was in no way intended to be a literal situation but rather a stand-in for the larger point that public safety outweighs the desire to own weapons that have been involved in mass-murder.
    Perhaps, Geer, a wiser approach would be finding a way to identify lunatics like Adam Lanza and find a way to prevent them from doing so, even if it involves incarcerating them.

I am more persuaded by the legal minds of the Supreme Court than the rabidly partisan ravings of an air conditioning repairman.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast