Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks for the reply. Will do.

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Young critters make good installers. Us older dudes (or other names... ) make good service techs... because we have seen it all.

If you learn every type of heat available (oil, NG, LP, HP, boiler, etc)... you will be valuable. I can imagine a co that could use a part time oil person... or full time if he could also do NG/LP furnaces.

High Eff NG and LP furnaces are not much different than 80%... just a few more things to play with. Easy to learn.

Get your post count up to 15, apply for PRO status. There is a HUGE amount of information behind the pro door.

Butternut there are plenty of oil company's in the new england. Mass, RI and CT have trucks all over the road and I see ads for burner techs all the time. With your experience you wouldn't have a issue landing a job.
    Chaos equals cash$$$

Quote Originally Posted by fitzyfitta View Post
    Butternut there are plenty of oil company's in the new england. Mass, RI and CT have trucks all over the road and I see ads for burner techs all the time. With your experience you wouldn't have a issue landing a job.
    I have seen MA ads for sure but who wants to work to hand it over to the common wealth?. Thats why I left NY
    I know I didnt ask for anything other than strong holds so thanks... If it comes down to it I might just head south to Louisiana and do A/C

Quote Originally Posted by mechanical'al View Post
    plenty of oil burners arround here and its also bu%$& f$#%^ cold
    With Fracking I hear the Dakotas are hopping.
    If common sense is so common how come so few of us have it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12