Collect history on button push

Is it possible to create a history record when a button is pushed? I have a timer that enables a label to promt the service guys to check the filters. There are 2 buttons one for filter check and another for filter change. Is it possible to collect a time stamp and hrs the filter has ran (from a bound label) and which button was pressed as a history record?
    This takes me back to my SQL server days. I jotted down a sql statement only to remember I couldn't use it lol.

Starting over is so much fun!

Anyone have any ideas? I'm still searching out ways to try to do this.

How about using an action button to trigger a latch component that the output is connected to a COV history?

Kevin
    "Profit is not the legitimate purpose of business. The legitimate purpose of business is to provide a product or service that people need and do it so well that it's profitable."

James Rouse

Yes, using a COV trend. A totalizer extension has some benefits over a timer. With two buttons you get two records. The buttons, through a bit of logic, could be combined in to a single enum writable and single record. (i.e., -1=button 1 on, 0=neither button, 1=button two on).
    UA LU 562