Page 98 of 255 FirstFirst ... 4888919293949596979899100101102103104105108148198 ... LastLast
Results 1,262 to 1,274 of 3305
    Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    Crime has gone down nationwide since the early 90's even in places like Chicago where there are gun bans.
    You may be half right. I trust you trust this link. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1602692.html

[IMG]http://2.bp.********.com/_ZvosRi-udfc/SmY3Jd7ITVI/AAAAAAAAAog/1juTYgt5i7s/s1600/murderrate.JPG[/IMG]

Name:  o2.png
Views: 76
Size:  23.3 KB
    Last edited by bb; 01-10-2013 at 06:36 PM.
    Governments don't tax to get the money they need, governments will always find a need for the money they get. Ronald Wilson Reagon

Born Again KA

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    wow, just wow? if your simply going to dismiss the probability that "More Guns equal Less Crime" (Book written by John Lott) then why in the world did you ask.

Speaking of tunnel vision, you have it, except you put blinders on to and them put sunglasses on

so lets just admit, here and now, you will accept nothing less than complete capitulation from Gun owners. You WILL NOT accept anything less than complete surrender of every single firearm so that you well feel safe walking down the street.

someday maybe in the distant future, maybe next week. Your going to cross the wrong line on a map in South central LA, you and your wife are going to surrounded by gang bangers with baseball bats and hammers and your going to think to your self, damn wheres Jmac and his buddies on H-talk and there guns

Good luck to you
    Who are you talking to? Nobody on this thread has said they are in favor of banning all guns. Why can't you accept that?

Write that stuff to Feinstein or somebody, I'm tired of you not getting through your head that I am in favor of most guns, cops with any type of gun, home protection, hunting (even though it is not for me) and gun sports and competition. I just don’t trust citizens pretending to do law enforcement around me and weapons being sold to the public that are specialized to kill large numbers of people. Got it?

I also don’t like the way gun advocates will not give an inch of any type of gun (maybe for good reason because they what comes next) and they downplay the positive effects of any other solution other than ‘more gun’. They say if something does not completely solve the problem than it is not worth looking into. Well, sorry to break it to you, but more guns is not a cure-all either.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    So you are saying that the 50% decrease in recent crime and shootings are a result of more people carrying concealed weapons? Even in a state like CA where it is illegal?
    Since when is it illegal to carry in California?

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/california.pdf

While it is a "may issue" state, making issue of a CCW permit an arbitrary thing, carrying a concealed weapon is NOT illegal in California.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    I am in favor of most guns, cops with any type of gun,
    "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others."

George Orwell.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Since when is it illegal to carry in California?

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/california.pdf

While it is a "may issue" state, making issue of a CCW permit an arbitrary thing, carrying a concealed weapon is NOT illegal in California.
    He really hasn't researched the subject he's talking about.
    As responsible gun owners, we need to keep educating the uninformed on what the facts are. Not that I have a problem with that. I'll do whatever is necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    He really hasn't researched the subject he's talking about.
    I know that which is exactly why I pointed it out to him.

From the NRA meeting today:

Fairfax, Va. – The National Rifle Association of America is made up of over 4 million moms and dads, daughters and sons, who are involved in the national conversation about how to prevent a tragedy like Newtown from ever happening again. We attended today's White House meeting to discuss how to keep our children safe and were prepared to have a meaningful conversation about school safety, mental health issues, the marketing of violence to our kids and the collapse of federal prosecutions of violent criminals.

We were disappointed with how little this meeting had to do with keeping our children safe and how much it had to do with an agenda to attack the Second Amendment. While claiming that no policy proposals would be “prejudged,” this Task Force spent most of its time on proposed restrictions on lawful firearms owners - honest, taxpaying, hardworking Americans. It is unfortunate that this Administration continues to insist on pushing failed solutions to our nation's most pressing problems. We will not allow law-abiding gun owners to be blamed for the acts of criminals and madmen. Instead, we will now take our commitment and meaningful contributions to members of congress of both parties who are interested in having an honest conversation about what works - and what does not.
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

Coincidence this happened today too?

Former presidents have to give up rides on Air Force One. But now they don't have to give up being shadowed by the armed-and-earpieced bodyguards of the Secret Service.

President Barack Obama on Thursday signed into a law a measure giving him, George W. Bush and future former presidents and their spouses lifetime Secret Service protection, the White House announced.

The legislation, crafted by Republican Rep. Trey Gowdy of South Carolina, rolls back a mid-1990s law that imposed a 10-year limit on Secret Service protection for former presidents. Bush would have been the first former commander in chief affected.

At the time, lawmakers who supported the measure said it would save the government millions of dollars. They also argued that former presidents could hire private security firms (as Richard Nixon did after he decided to forgo Secret Service protection in 1985).

The bill had sailed through Congress with bipartisan support—it cleared the House of Representatives by voice vote in early December, and then it zipped through the Senate unopposed. The law also provides protection for former presidents’ kids until age 16. But “protection of a spouse shall terminate in the event of remarriage.”

Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    Neither.
    I got that here http://jpfo.org/
    OH, not an NRA puppet opinion piece or a Tea Bagger opinion article but a Jewish pro gun piece of dog sheet opinion article.

That makes all the difference

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Exactly....I think all of us should just ignore him and maybe he will pick up his marbles and go play in the traffic.

Never going to happen there Aristotle.

I expect gun control will be the deciding factor on the relection of many in politics. This is a serious and deep issue. Historically those who heavily favor gun control do not get re-elected. Obama is not running again but many others in congress are. Their re-election depends on this one issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    I expect gun control will be the deciding factor on the relection of many in politics. This is a serious and deep issue. Historically those who heavily favor gun control do not get re-elected. Obama is not running again but many others in congress are. Their re-election depends on this one issue.
    Agreed. Time for us all to join the NRA, re-up membership, or get as generous or vocal as able.. The NRA is the best voice for 2nd amendment supporters. There are many others, but the NRA is the big stick.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Page 98 of 255 FirstFirst ... 4888919293949596979899100101102103104105108148198 ... LastLast